Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kronos x vs Kronos 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fcoulter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
KK wrote:
GregC wrote:
especially if they weigh 450 lbs with the word " Hammond " on them
Wink

Fixed. Cool

That was the weight of my Hammond C3.

Fun how these old posts are being scrutinized. You are correct about the wight

Here's a fun fact- these hammonds were not designed for regular transport

I remember reading an interview with Billy Joel about the days playing clubs on Long Island. Generally all the bands would call each other up before the gig so that only one band would have to bring their organ.

Korg: Kronos2 88
Other: Tyros 5 76, DGX-650, YPT-320, Fretted Clavichord, Upright Piano, DX-7, SY-99, eMu MPS (last three in attic)

RCM Certificates: Advanced Rudiments
bfburkejr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:20 am    Post subject: Kork Kronos 2 vs Platinum Reply with quote

This is probably a dumb question, but are they the same? except color of course?

Also I read a post about the cheesy horrid wooden ends on the Kronos 2, of which I have a pair. I was considering having OASYS lookalike, pretty much at least, ends made for mine. I always loved them, anybody interested? I would get a price from a local machine shop and see if numbers would make the price drop. Also there are some schools around that do that sort of machining for practice. Might be able to get a good price. I would like to see a 1/8" - 1/4" plate of aluminum like the M-3 and then the machined end like the OASYS to bolt on it, any thoughts or am I just out of my mind. If there is a TRUE interest, I would probably ask a deposit be sent to the shop doing the work and have them do the work and when done request the balance and shipping, paypal could be used for non trusters. I would only solicit absolute professional shops or schools with a good reputation. Deposit would cover materials I think would be fair. I live in Rochester, NY. you can e-mail me at bfburkejr@live.com. At least the ends on the Kronos 2 are not as bad as on the M-3...they were a joke, although they did have an alum. plate! if no one is interested or is trusting with the payment plan, I would get mine made and post a pic of the finished product and the price and the approx. shipping. Payment could be worked out through me with pay pal or something. I don't have much experience with paypal, but hear it is rather safe. Let me know through e-mail listed previousely please.
KORG "Sweetwater" M3-88 eXpanded; EXP RAM; EXP Radias; Radias MODULE; FLASH Expansion to 1GB; Novation ReMOTE 61 SL; MOTU MIDI Express 128; MOTU PCIe-424; MOTU 2408 MK3: MOTU 24 i/o; Home Built and Designed Computer; 3x27" LED Screens; 2 x AMD 6282SE 16 core CPU's 2.6/3/3.3GHZ w Noctua Dual fan 6 Heat Pipe Coolers; 192GB ECC REG PC1600 RAM; 12 TB RAID on WD 6GB/s Enterprise Drives; 1.5 TB on SSD's; XFX/AMD Radeon 7800 Series GPU; BlueRay Burner; DVD Burner; LEPA 1600 Watt PSU; all in a Thermaltake XaserVI Case; SONAR X2 Producer; LOTS of plugins; aLL WAVES(32-bit); Komplete 7; ALL Korg VSTi's; and hundreds more...Samson Resolve A8 w/ Samson Rubicon R10S Sub; Shure SRH 940 cans; Blue BlueBird, Samson C-valve pre and on....
robw70

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this:
http://www.synave.de/kronos-brightsides/

or the light-sides version on the same site
rpowell01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't understand why Korg did not implement 64 bit support in their OS for the Kronos, Kronos X or even Kronos 2 because the hardware ALL support 64 bit instructions.

I can only dream the possibilities of the Kronos with a 64 bit OS!!!!! I would love to have 16GB memory in my Kronos but I do understand the BIOS also has to allow it which currently is limited to 4gb on the motherboard.

Wouldn't be great to have 64 bit OS? It would load faster and man it would rock and fly like a race car!!!
Bovski

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpowell01 wrote:
To be honest I don't understand why Korg did not implement 64 bit support in their OS for the Kronos, Kronos X or even Kronos 2 because the hardware ALL support 64 bit instructions.

I can only dream the possibilities of the Kronos with a 64 bit OS!!!!! I would love to have 16GB memory in my Kronos but I do understand the BIOS also has to allow it which currently is limited to 4gb on the motherboard.

Wouldn't be great to have 64 bit OS? It would load faster and man it would rock and fly like a race car!!!

D510 only supports 4gb Ram https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43098/intel-atom-processor-d510-1m-cache-1-66-ghz.html

But yes a 64Bit OS and software would be a great upgrade especially if we are allowed to upgrade the PC Motherboard ourselves there are plenty of Mini-ITX boards that are more powerful than the Intel D510.

Gigabyte do a AMD Ryzen X570 board that supports PCIe 4.0 M.2 & 64GB of Ram that should make it pop along though I'm guessing 16GB would be more than enough.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bovski wrote:
rpowell01 wrote:

D510 only supports 4gb Ram https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/43098/intel-atom-processor-d510-1m-cache-1-66-ghz.html

But yes a 64Bit OS and software would be a great upgrade especially if we are allowed to upgrade the PC Motherboard ourselves there are plenty of Mini-ITX boards that are more powerful than the Intel D510.

Gigabyte do a AMD Ryzen X570 board that supports PCIe 4.0 M.2 & 64GB of Ram that should make it pop along though I'm guessing 16GB would be more than enough.

would a more powerful Mobo generate more heat ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: