Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Van stolen with Kronos inside (Netherlands)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm getting together gear for the coming gigs and at least being evangelical about Kronos to my fellow keyboardists has payed off because I'm covered till halfway August. That's mostly with a 61 and one 73 instead of my 88 but together with a friend's unused S90 that'll see me through. Still assembling a crapload of paraphernalia and I need to check how far back my latest backup is and how much I need to reprogram.

Still no sign of the van unfortunately, I'm trying to let go of the idea of it turning up somewhere. It seems more likely that someone will find the Kronos to be honest. For now I can borrow my brother's car (read: my mom's old car) since he lives in the center of the city and doesn't need it much. And he's going on vacation for nearly a month after next week. So my immediate gig necessities are nearly covered.

This is a really shitty situation, and I really appreciate all the support from you guys, even if we don't find anything back. So thanks for all your replies and actions. I saw someone even shared my Facebook post on Kronoshaven, where I don't go but which reaches a whole extra community of potential stolen-Kronos-buyers.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt you have insurance for your equipment?
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a valuables-outside-the-home insurance. It remains to be seen what they will cover. Regardless, I will never get full value. Not to mention there isn't even a JX10 for sale right now.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I have a valuables-outside-the-home insurance. It remains to be seen what they will cover. Regardless, I will never get full value. Not to mention there isn't even a JX10 for sale right now.

Hard to find, but not very expensive, when you find one, it should be under €500 with a bit of luck
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, I just meant the hassle of replacing hard to find stuff. Fortunately I had the PG800 in my backpack and I took that upstairs!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I know, I just meant the hassle of replacing hard to find stuff. Fortunately I had the PG800 in my backpack and I took that upstairs!

Check out this on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-Super-JX-JX-10-analog-synth-with-PG-800-programmer-/321790532438?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aec35db56

Needs some minor restauration but you could do that yourself
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is now a JX10 for sale on dutch marktplaats, by a guy named Wally from Utrecht...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not mine unfortunately. I know they're not super expensive but I have to rebuy so much stuff it's not top priority at the moment.
SoundsOfPlanet
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for you loosing all your equipment – lest just hope that maybe potential “buyer” of that gear reads this forum and will take relevant actions , so the equipment would come back to you.

Regards
SoP

http://www.soundsofplanet.com/
one Man -one Kronos- and new sounds by Sounds of Planet
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homeowners insurance will cover some but while I do have "out of the house" coverage it's a lot more limited than I thought. I'm getting 1420. Which is nowhere near what I paid for everything but at least it's a significant chunk of a new Kronos.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought that out of home insurance would pay better then that! Hopefully it will all turn up for you!
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if it covered much, and probably not a van load of valuable gear. Now I am gigging again, I'm going to get specific insurance which covers me in vans and gigs. I live in a low crime area (with lots of nosy neighbours Wink ) but even so.....

In 30 years of driving I have never had an accident until some idiot rammed me last year, which just shows that lightning does strike you occasionally....

Over the weekend I even worked out how many leads I have and the cost of replacement if they got nicked. At £5 a lead (average) even they are not cheap to replace when you have a three boxes of them!

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't decide if I'm disappointed or feeling lucky for getting any at all. It's pretty tough to get full coverage for gear in cars and not pay an arm and a leg. Still, the insurance advisors could have definitely sold me better insurance if they had properly understood what my life is like.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanderXpander wrote:
I can't decide if I'm disappointed or feeling lucky for getting any at all. It's pretty tough to get full coverage for gear in cars and not pay an arm and a leg. Still, the insurance advisors could have definitely sold me better insurance if they had properly understood what my life is like.

Very long time ago I also check for an insurance. But it costed so much, that I decided to take the risk. I could buy new gear every 5 years for what I should p ay for insurance , and the chance of being things stolen is (much) less, especially in my case. However, in your case it might be different, since you are much more on the road.

The problem is, mostly you know what you receive AFTER something bad happened.

I hope you will find your gear back somewhere on market place.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:

Very long time ago I also check for an insurance. But it costed so much, that I decided to take the risk. I could buy new gear every 5 years for what I should p ay for insurance , and the chance of being things stolen is (much) less, especially in my case. However, in your case it might be different, since you are much more on the road.

The problem is, mostly you know what you receive AFTER something bad happened.

I hope you will find your gear back somewhere on market place.

Considered how some musicians treat their instruments on stage, some might consider that a bargain...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: