Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Features still needed AFTER 1.10 update
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillwilson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Features still needed AFTER 1.10 update Reply with quote

I just wanted to share with the group the new list of feature implementations that I will be requesting to Korg after the 1.10 update.

I have grown more used to a lot of the quirks but these little changes could REALLY make the Electribe into a GREAT solo electronic machine for live work

1. MOMENTARY mode for MUTE so you can HOLD mute down to select the parts you want to mute and then go straight back to the mode you were working in upon release

2. ODD STEPPER/EVEN STEPPER/DOUBLE/HALF etc modes and STEP JUMP modes to stay in time with the global timing (or an easy way to resync all parts seamlessly) ....to me these modes are the best potential that this unit has but I am not using them simply because in a live performance 9 out of 10 times, using these modes leaves my layers mis-aligned both with parts not affected and with any externally synced devices.

3. 1/8th 1/4th 1/2nd SPEED MODES per part, this is REALLY important to let musicians make music live within a single pattern that takes longer than four bars to repeat, we can live with each step being "longer".we just need to be able to make longer passages.

with these little UI tweaks , non requiring extra processing power, the Electribe could be a really amazing uniquely usable unit.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note decay carrying on the next pattern, letting the note die naturally.
troxx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the chances of them extending bar length to 8? There's just little changes I'd like to do on say bars 5-8 without having to use another pattern unnecessarily.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the OP. I also think that a flux mode, like on the volca keys that lets you enter notes unquantised would be good. This would allow you to half speed the pattern and keep the resolution. Note decay would be great, but is less of an issue for me now we have ifx decay. Finding some way to avoid the accidental pattern change whilst going for the oscillator pot would also be good, but I'm not sure how to best do that, I don't want Are You Sure questions popping up when playing live.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
DR.DR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the sequencer needs an easy way to get velocity values per step. I believe they could find a clever way to do this with the track pad or the pads themselves.

Preferably this would happen in sequencer mode (hit the button), but I could live with improvements to step sequence mode (dive into menus.) For instance, use the trackpad to enter velocity in step mode.

At the bare minimum, I would hope they would make the step sequencer menus circular. Right now you have to use right arrow 6 times to get from the first menu (note on off per step) to the velocity menu. A circular menu would make this one left arrow.

I am badly missing some sort of song mode. I know a lot of people are interacting with this in live sets. I would like to use it as the beat box from hell - which would be f'n rad - with just a bit more juice in the sequencer and song mode.
blackholesun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frenzies wrote:
I agree with the OP. I also think that a flux mode, like on the volca keys that lets you enter notes unquantised would be good. This would allow you to half speed the pattern and keep the resolution. Note decay would be great, but is less of an issue for me now we have ifx decay. Finding some way to avoid the accidental pattern change whilst going for the oscillator pot would also be good, but I'm not sure how to best do that, I don't want Are You Sure questions popping up when playing live.

Maybe a lock-mode where you have to hold shift while turning the pattern knob to go the next pattern.

Flux mode would be amazing. Or even the different speed mode per part.

An on-board arppegiator would be nice, but that's just wanting to have my cake and eat it too.

A randomizer would be really awesome. Like it would choose a random oscillator with random settings for the filter, modulation, insert effect, amp eg and all that.

Another thing that would be really useful (to me who has no music theory), would be to have the note or chord you are playing show up on the screen.

And of course a mode that write songs for you Wink
dutchcow

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Korg should fix issues with existing functions and features before adding new ones. They have enough problems testing as it is.
Buska

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flux mode needed badly, I would buy another emx2 if they add this. Or a es2.
That's a promise haha Very Happy
N3V3RM1ND

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Notes and fx carrying over through the next pattern.
2. 8 bars
3. Song mode

Without these mandatory functions, the E2/ES2 will never be considered a real instrument. Instead only a toy...
troxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fx do carry over in 1.10 update.

Yeah I'd like 8 bars to, but the electribe was billed as a performance instrument, so with 4 bars you have to think a little more and interact more than you may have with an 8 bar pattern.

Check out mistabishi's tracks for using the e2 & es2, some damn great examples of polished music from these machines.
SPORT72

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Insert reverb, i don't need master reverb.
Octahedron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

. Time divisions per part
. Copy bar to next bar
. Enter notes via pads in step edit
. Song mode
. Glide on tied notes only
. Reverb ifx
Malfunkt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octahedron wrote:
. Time divisions per part
. Copy bar to next bar
. Enter notes via pads in step edit
. Song mode
. Glide on tied notes only
. Reverb ifx

Would be great to have copy bar to next bar. As it is right now there isn't an easy way to do this other than manually edit the note data or replay the part. Sure the first time you expand the length of a pattern the data gets duplicated, but after that it's a by painstaking. Would be nice.

I could see reverb insert fx being cpu intensive. I'd be even happy with a reverb bus. Essentially have a pattern setting reverb on and off with some parameters. I know on Korg Gadget they have a reverb bus. This is pretty major though.

Enter notes via pads on step edit - yes! Even if there was a way to enter notes via the touchpad while in step edit would be awesome. A missed opportunity for sure. I've been using Step Jump to get around this but any improvements are helpful.

Much happier with the Electribe the second time around.
Octahedron

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reverb bus would be ok i guess. That way you could also use the mfx for something different.
bladuck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

groove increments by 10 (as in the part edit mode for the note length)
I guess there are a few places to add this option but I don't have the unit handy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: