Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero 4 not detected

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Golomann

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero 4 not detected Reply with quote

Hello,

I've had a Korg Zero 4 (KZ4) for a few years now with a Mixvibes Cross DVS setup and two Technics MK2. Lately I've been encountering issues:

-I've used the KZ4 with a PC laptop equipped with an ExpressCard Firewire 800 adapter. It was working fine until a month ago when it was not detected. I tried to reinstall the ASIO drivers but every time I'm at the "Turn off and on your device" screen, I can complete the installation because the device is not detected.

-Last month I used the KZ4 with a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X) through a native firewire port: it worked perfectly, a plug&play experience. Since then I don't have this MacBook Pro anymore.

-Now I'm trying to use the KZ4 with two others MacBooks: a MacBook Air through a thunderbird - firewire adapter; an old "white MacBook" (Mac OS X) with a native Firewire 400 port. With both, the KZ4 is not detected.

So here's my mess : I have three laptops that could potentially be paired with the KZ4 but none of them detect it. Notice that the little firewire orange led never light up; plus, when I use the Korg KZ4 updater software I get stuck at the screen "No Korg Zero 4 detected" and I can't force the detection (the "Detect" button is unavailable).

The KZ4 works perfectly well in regular phono vinyls mode.

I'm thinking that the firewire ports from the KZ4 are dead but at the same time I had this perfect experience with the MacBook Pro a few weeks ago that contradicts this hypothesis… (ports could be dead since then though…). So my questions are:

-Do I miss something somewhere to force the detection, whether on the PC laptop, the MacBook Air or the white MacBook?

-How can I know if the firewire ports from the KZ4 are dead or not?

-If they're dead, can I fix them with basic welding?

I'd be very grateful for your thoughts on this issue. I'm sending a fresh vinyl EP to whomever saves me on that. Very Happy I really like the KZ4, I crave mixing and I can't afford a new mixer right now.

Best,

- Robin
intricate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you can check the voltages on the Zero 4 Firewire ports.

See attached picture link:
http://what-when-how.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tmpf3d716.png

I don't know which voltage the Zero 4 uses, but you can check if there is a voltage on the port.
justbenjamin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My FireWire on my Zero4 hasn't worked since Snow Leopard. However I suspect the problem is two fold because my Zero4 shows no connection light as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: