Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe Sampler 2 samples not sustaining

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikejarod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Electribe Sampler 2 samples not sustaining Reply with quote

Electribe Sampler 2.

When I use a virtual osc like SAW and I hold a pad, the sound is heard until I release the pad.

When I use a sample instead, it does not seem to matter how long I hold the pad, the sample ALWAYS plays the same length adjustable via the release.

I want the sample to play as long as I hold the pad, is this possible?
This way I can vary in note length while playing.
And I can use longer looped samples.
Adjusting AMP EG / mono/poly settings did not help.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to set sample loop points. See page 6 of parameter guide.
mikejarod

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That works in Sample Edit mode. A bit strange because I want to use unlooped samples and for different note durations I need to turn on the loop?

But in Trigger mode there is no change, still only one note length. And all of a sudden ALL samples in memory are looped and the pattern I made yesterday is not audible anymore except for one part. Whats going on here. I'm going to do a factory reset and start over.

edit: I got it working now. But when a sample is looped the release does not work anymore Sad When the Amp EG is lit then I only get notes of the same duration. When the Amp EG is unlit the release doesnt work at all.

Last edited by mikejarod on Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejarod wrote:
Whats going on

I often wonder that myself.
mikejarod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm i still dont get it. Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible?

1. Take a looped sample, i.e. a single cycle waveform
2. Loop this using the Sample Editor so that you have a perfect loop, no clicks or artifacts
3. Go to Trigger or Keyboard mode
4. When AMP EG is off, the sample will loop on hitting and holding a pad. When you release a pad, the sound has no release and I always get a click/artifact, always. This is not useful for looped sounds.
5. When AMP EG is on, the is no click on release, only the note always sounds the same length, even if you play short or long notes. I guess this is useful for one shot drum samples.

Is there a way to get looped sounds without the click/artifact on release?
Is there a way to get some release on looped sounds while playing various note lengths?
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no sustain portion to the Amp Envelope. It's like hitting a piano key, the sound will always die out to zero, but at different rates depending on the decay/release setting. With the Amp Envelope switched off, the amplitude will be maximum as soon as you trigger the sample, and drop to zero as soon as you let go of the pad.

Have you tried using a looped sample which is longer than a single cycle, like a 1-bar drumloop? Do you still get clicks on release?

It comes with some traditional oscillator wavesshapes built in, have you tried using these?

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
musicmagus
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having no trouble with single cycles here. They behave fine with no clicking on the start or end. Maybe try some different wavs?
oliotronix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Sample retrigering / one shot samples Reply with quote

Hello! Im new here and the electribe 2. Have relevant question:

I have long samples usually. So they are loaded in electribe and i cant figure out how to retrigger them (by hitting the pad or holding it) so that they DO NOT play till the end overlapping each other.

Is there a way?
Brakio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample retrigering / one shot samples Reply with quote

oliotronix wrote:
Hello! Im new here and the electribe 2. Have relevant question:

I have long samples usually. So they are loaded in electribe and i cant figure out how to retrigger them (by hitting the pad or holding it) so that they DO NOT play till the end overlapping each other.

Is there a way?

You have some alternatives. You may set 'VOICE ASSIGN' to Mono1 or Mono2 for instance (Menu PART 19/29; section 2 of the parameter guide) . Alternatively, you can also add a loop point anywhere you want (for instance at the beginning or at the previous to last sample adress) and sustain the note on several steps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: