Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sample Manager for Electribe Sampler (OSX)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How quickly we have gone from hyperbole to exaggeration to out and out bs.

I bought it - i will be short 2 and 2/3 coffees this week.

Stealing ideas? The guy who released the free version admits he copied/pasted code from elsewhere.

Oops. Stealing or no. If you want walk that path I say yea.

Get over it. This is a public forum and not your bedroom.
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1_inch_punch wrote:
How quickly we have gone from hyperbole to exaggeration to out and out bs.

I bought it - i will be short 2 and 2/3 coffees this week.

Stealing ideas? The guy who released the free version admits he copied/pasted code from elsewhere.

Oops. Stealing or no. If you want walk that path I say yea.

Get over it. This is a public forum and not your bedroom.

Amen.

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to post, but I lost the battle with myself.

So it goes like this -

Forum Members - Please can someone with skills and/or time I don't have please make editing or librarian software for the e2s

Spleen - Sure, I will try. I will need some people to send me a few files if that's ok.

Forum members - Yes, here you go.

Spleen - Here it is! I worked hard at this so I'm going to ask to be paid for my skills, it's not much but it will help me to carry on doing this kind of thing in the future. Those who helped me with it can message me and get it for free, and here's some codes to get it free for others.

Forum members - Spam! Code Stealer! Non contributor!

most people on this forum are musicians or wannabe musicians. Artists and musicians not getting paid for their art is a huge bugbear. I don't really see this as any different.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
ActionGT

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum I've been following it for a few weeks, but it seems dutchcows only reason for posting is to berate people, he adds nothing to the community and would be best ignored.
troxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey... this escalated quickly and totally unnecessarily.

You like = You buy

If not, then pass & use the other editor, there's no gun to your head.

Spleen, you had it rough on here man!
Buska

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The customer benifits from competition, if the open source app has more features it will push Spleen to develop more and vice versa.

It's good for the "community" to have more options.

And dutchcow, bit wrong for you to assume he "probably ripped the code from elsewhere" without any proof whatsoever. Saying that it wouldn't even matter if he did if it was all legal and above board, SDK for example.

there's a big difference between being inspired from an idea and evolving it and stealing code, samsung and apple "inspire" each other nearly every OS/hardware update.

Also this is a forum..

Forum:
the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.

It's kind of living up to it's definition in this thread, spleen and his business affairs, dutchcow bringing his own vigilante justice Very Happy
dutchcow

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, you guys are hilarious. Sure, I did not contribute anything to this place and Spleen contributed pure gold. All my posts are trolling or berating others. What a great community this is. Cool
thesigma

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the rule posted here by the admins

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91191

This is indeed spam.

Not that there appears to be any moderation on this section of korg forums....

As to the sample manager, I don't own a Mac or an es2 and could care less, but 12 bucks is more than I'd pay....
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought an ES2.. ..and I am stoked to use this. PM sent. Hopefully there are is a free copy available still! =)

..but if not, $12 is *not* too much to spend. For anything, really. I am going to use this extensively to create sample packs that I will sell. I am a huge fan of user-based software economy. I am happy to pay and to get paid.

Side note: I often, towards the end of the show and after my snuck-into-the-venue supply has dwindled, pay $12 for a single pint of beer at Red Rocks. This is way too much for a beer, yet I have never had buyer's remorse. This software is far more valuable than said beer.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesigma wrote:

This is indeed spam.

Yeah, Spleen hasn't even got the required 50 posts to even apply for a merchant account. He has contributed nothing at all to this place.

sauce, use the free editor, it was there first. Spleen stole the idea and is charging $12 for it. Keep your money. Don't spend it on people that use this forum for free help with commercial projects and free advertising space for those projects. For $12 you can buy a complete DAW app with virtual instruments and all (Caustic 3).

I wonder if the Apple developers license allows for unwarranted spamming of forums and Facebook.
Frenzies

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
thesigma wrote:

This is indeed spam.

Yeah, Spleen hasn't even got the required 50 posts to even apply for a merchant account. He has contributed nothing at all to this place.

sauce, use the free editor, it was there first. Spleen stole the idea and is charging $12 for it. Keep your money. Don't spend it on people that use this forum for free help with commercial projects and free advertising space for those projects. For $12 you can buy a complete DAW app with virtual instruments and all (Caustic 3).

I wonder if the Apple developers license allows for unwarranted spamming of forums and Facebook.

I can follow your idea of the posts being maybe spam, but to say he stole the idea is not true. A software sample editor for a hardware sampler is hardly a groundbreaking idea. By your logic there can be only one editor in existence.

Moog Sub 37 - Arturia Microbrute - Roland Gaia SH-01 - Boss DR660 - Akai S1000 - Akai S01 - Yamaha RM1x - Roland SP-404SX

https://soundcloud.com/beardsound
Buska

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchcow wrote:
thesigma wrote:

This is indeed spam.

Oh that's cool! So Caustic manages samples for the esx2 too? Awesome. So many options.. Norf.

The dev of the free editor already made it clear that this dev didn't steal anything, you've obviously just got an axe to grind.
dutchcow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is 100% coincidence that after 2 free editors are actively being developed here, a paid one shows up not much later Laughing
1_inch_punch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paranoid schizophrenia with a hot fudge topping of Messiah Complex - and sprinkles!

It's all treatable, including the sprinkles.
sauce
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have both editors. They are very different in GUI and the free one is obviously developed more for Windows.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: