Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KingKorg Editor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. I finally got around to downloading your editor onto my music computer. It is a PC. Everything about the program looks amazing but for some reason I can't get the KK to talk with the editor. I'm using a USB connection. Please forgive me but I always tend to take instructions very literally so when you say "request dump", are those the exact words on the editor screen?

I am very excited to get this working. I think the King Korg is a very underrated synthesizer and is capable of fantastic things.

Thank you very creating the editor!

Jeremykeys
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I found it under the set up button. Now let's see if I can get it working! Very Happy
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Baloran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, left or right click on setup button open a menu :

Request dump : synchronise Editor with currents settings on KK.
Setup : set midi chanel and midi ports.
About... : blog page about KK Editor, in french today ouppsss and some nices products on other pages Cool

On my Win7, Korg USB Drivers are a litlle crasy... I use real midi ports for dialog with KK.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also running Windows 7 but I don't have midi ports on my computer so I have to use the USB.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going away for a week but when I get back I will probably have some questions regarding how to get the editor working for me.
Thanks for a great thing! Very Happy
Vinco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you´ve made some good progress since Version 11! Very Happy

Hopefully I will find some time this weekend to play around with the editor and give you some feedback.
Vinco

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw I'm using windows 10, and require no setting up of the software in order for it to communicate with the KingKorg.
mandala music

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: King Korg Editor doesn't fit on my PC running XP Reply with quote

Thanks for your work on this King Korg editor. It runs fine on my PC laptop running Windows 8.1. My problem is that when I load the editor on my PC tower computer running XP, some of the right side of the editor does not appear on my screen. The part of the screen that is missing includes the setup button so I am unable to assign the midi ports.

Is there a way to shrink the editor screen so it all fits on a PC monitor running XP?
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't actually have the KK yet I was awaiting an editor like this so I did download the editor and look at the options available. Good work, like the workflow of the interface. What did you code the application in? Maybe I know someone who may be able to convert it to MAC. By the way Mac users, it does work perfectly using Bootcamp on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 if you have it.
Baloran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: King Korg Editor doesn't fit on my PC running XP Reply with quote

mandala music wrote:
Is there a way to shrink the editor screen so it all fits on a PC monitor running XP?

Thanks, but no solution for shrink the editor....It is a good idea but "a lot of work". Interface is 1284 x 732 pixels. What is your screen resolution ?

Skinmechanic, thank you for the proposal, developments are in C Sharp (Visual Studio) It is likely that I make the translation. For now, I consult classified ads in France to find a Macbook Pro or Mini not too ruinous, compatible with "XCode latest version" to finally put me to development on this platform. It is time, now : D: D
mandala music

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Able to adjust screen resolution on PC running XP Reply with quote

I was able to change the original screen resolution of 1024 X 768 to a screen resolution of 1280 x 960 which enabled me to see the entire control page of the editor on my PC running XP. I was able to get the current settings of my KingKorg when I requested a dump. I was also able to change settings of my Kingkorg using the knobs on the editior

Also I was able to open up kklib banks and see the individual patches lined up in the left hand column. But when I tried to drag and drop them in the right hand column to construct new banks of my favorites, I crashed the editor.

Thanks for your helpful suggestion about the screen resolution. I had forgotten that I could even change it.

I can use Korg's Kingkorg librarian but the Korg driver was made to only work with Windows 7, 8.1 or 10. However, if you play with it, you can still get your kklib banks to and from the Kingkorg using Korg's Kingkorg librarian. But as a backup, I was able to capture the Kingkorg banks using a sysex utility to save the Kingkorg banks as sysex.
Baloran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Able to adjust screen resolution on PC running XP Reply with quote

mandala music wrote:
But when I tried to drag and drop them in the right hand column to construct new banks of my favorites, I crashed the editor.

He, thanks for your reporting Wink
Lib manager is not yet completed. You can juste open klib and click one sound to send it to KK. You can change the Patch Name but you must save the patch on the KK. Copy / past , drag & drop etc... was implanted later Wink
skinmechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, although there is an independant editor which is looking good. There is now a commercial editor released for MAC and PC by Soundtower, have a look and go here.

http://soundtower.com/kingkorg/index.html
Baloran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinmechanic wrote:
http://soundtower.com/kingkorg/index.html

Woou, it looks really beautiful and has the same functional approach as mine. So there is no reason that I continue my development. One less thing to do and more Very Happy Thank you all Wink
noguud

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that your editor looks like it fits nicely on one screen without scrolling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: