Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
updated installer will automatically install .NET 4.5.2 instead of 4.0
Yes, that's a good idea! Very Happy
Quote:
Give me a report back when you've had a chance to test out the software!

Will do. I have a specific sysex file to play with but it seems to behave 'a little bit strange'... - I think I will load this file to my M1R with it's origin program (M1Manager) and get this file back from the M1R using your editor. But prior to that I have to get one of my MIDI interfaces work under Win7... my beloved Emagic MT4 is working with Win XP but not with Win7 Crying or Very sad but it seems as if my Midiman MIDISport 2x2 will do the trick... Cool
I will post some results as soon as I have some... Wink
TonyTee335

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Editor seems to work but cannot actually edit sounds Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for the editor. I have an M1R and the editor seems to work ok but I cannot actually edit the sounds. I've done a data dump from the M1R to the editor which seemed to work as it displays the presets and allows the edit section to work, which was previously greyed out but changing the parameters does not change the sound. I'm working online and have also put the M1R into prog edit mode but the same thing happens. It's probably something I've overlooked in setting it up, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Anthony
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright! Now i have people actually using the program so i better start explaining myself since there's no documentation yet.

As far as editing:

Yes, you need to have an offline project or project dumped from your M1(R) to be able to do any editing of parameters OR you can create a New Project which will give you 100 Init programs and combis (same as if you took the battery out of the M1 and re-inserted).

Online: If you choose to go Online, the current project will be dumped into the M1 to keep synchronization. At that point, any program or combi parameter adjustments should immediately reflect on the synth (except for globals and Seq).

Offline: ediits are on the software only and will require a "SAVE PROGRAM TO M1" which will do the current edited program or a "BULK SEND TO M1" which will selectively do all programs and/or all Combis and/or Globals and/or All Songs.

Whether you are Online or Offline, the "SAVE PROGRAM TO M1" or "BULK SEND TO M1" STILL NEEDS TO BE DONE TO PERMANENTLY STORE PARAMETERS TO M1!

@TonyTee335, make sure your MIDI Out port is set up correctly both for parameter synchronization and Save and Dump capabilities. Oh yeah, verify your Global MIDI channel on your M1R is set to 1 (I still need to implement channel selection on a future update)

Thanks for testing out the program and let me know how it goes!
gilhelm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:16 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU Reply with quote

I signed up for this forum just to say THANK YOU so much for creating the editor. I bought an M1R not really knowing what I was getting in to a quickly realized that editing patches was tedious. The editor has spoiled me. This is a great piece of software but I do have a few suggestions:

- Perhaps you could note somewhere that anything you put in the Library is automatically saved. I didn't know that and wound up taking screen shots of everything before closing it the first time.

- When scrolling with the mouse if the cursor leaves the scroll bar you just get a "do not enter" sign. This can make scrolling a bit cumbersome.

- A progress bar for transferring the MIDI data would be nice. The first few times I did it I wasn't sure I had done anything at all.

- Is there a way to make the M1 go up and down one bank automatically (through MIDI) after a transfer so you can see the the first patch has been changed?

The only other thing I can think of is if there were a more efficient way to sort through patches. I have like 50 sysex .rar files to sort through. I've been having a blast with the editor but sorting through all these patches is taking up so much of my time (I know, first world problem). I'm not sure what solution there is to this (if any) so THANK YOU again for the effort and love that went in to this great program. Very Happy
korama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to give it a try!

Any MAC version in the projects ?
gilhelm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Sudden error Reply with quote

It was working great yesterday but now whenever I try to send a patch to the library the program freezes and I get this error:

"Wpf-M1ToKronosConverter has stopped working"

I restarted the program, the computer and did a repair install of .NET 4.5.2

Any other suggestions?
gilhelm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Library gone Reply with quote

And now my library is gone? I had added god knows how many patches to it. I didn't receive any errors but now my library is completely blank.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation and just got back on the forum.

gilhelm: I sent you a private message on here with my email and request for more data.

Rest assured, when I discover the cause, I will post an update here.

As far as the suggestions:

Quote:
note somewhere that anything you put in the Library is automatically saved

Yeah, it'll be in the manual when I get a chance to write one. Also want to have a library import/export in case something goes wrong with the active database (which it has for you)

Quote:
When scrolling with the mouse if the cursor leaves the scroll bar you just get a "do not enter" sign

I'll look into that.

Quote:
A progress bar for transferring the MIDI data would be nice.

Absolutely! A progress and percentage indicator is high on the list. I'll look at doing that after fixing the major library bug

Quote:
Is there a way to make the M1 go up and down one bank automatically (through MIDI) after a transfer so you can see the the first patch has been changed?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Can you explain it further?

@korama: No MAC versions planned in the near future. This project relies heavily on .NET and WPF. WPF in windows-specific. Sorry.

Thanks all for your interest and testing!
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New, version 0.1.0:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_010Setup.exe

This is a bug fix-only release. As Gil mentioned earlier in this thread, it was possible to have the whole M1 library disappear.

I have fixed that error with this update. Anyone else who may have had this problem, YOUR M1 LIBRARY DATA IS STILL THERE!

I was just a problem with the software not able to handle a program that had a multisound above 99. If the program was originally made for an M1Ex or M1 Plus 1 and it has a multisound above 99 and your M1 type is set to M1/M1R it used to crash the library import.

Now, it will pop up a message and continue loading.

Thanks to Gil for finding this issue!
gilhelm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that fix has brought my library back! Good job!

Let me clarify about the last suggestion I had. Basically, I wonder if there is a way to send a "prog > up > down" midi message to the M1 after loading a sysex file so the M1 will display the first new patch automatically. Not a big deal. Just a suggestion.

I did discover a new issue:

This message pops up when I first loaded the new version of the editor. It also shows up whenever I transfer any program to the library.

The weird thing is that program is not currently in my library. Any idea as to why it keeps popping up?

I wanna make sure that I understand that message right. I have an M1R and I assume the M1 has the same memory restraints. I'll also assume the M1EX/M1REX and the M1plus1 can store over 99 programs? So if a patch is made on an M1EX and it was originally saved with a program number over 99 then it won't transfer to a regular M? Is there a way to edit those patch numbers?
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gilhelm wrote:
I wanna make sure that I understand that message right. I have an M1R and I assume the M1 has the same memory restraints. I'll also assume the M1EX/M1REX and the M1plus1 can store over 99 programs? So if a patch is made on an M1EX and it was originally saved with a program number over 99 then it won't transfer to a regular M1?

Yes, the 'normal' M1 has 4 MB of PCM wave rom and holds 100 Multisounds (00 - 99) The 'EX' models have an extended PCM wave rom (8 MB) and 190 Multisounds (00 - 189). So if you want to transfer a Multisound of a number 100 and above the 'normal' M1 isn't able to handle that higher number! You'll find some more informations on this by reading my completely revised & rewritten version of the 'SERVICE-RECONSTRUCTION MANUAL_2.0' which you can download here:
http://pkgrepo.linuxtech.net/files/Korg/M1/

@ sunriser
I've found another small (graphical?) issue with version 0.09 when in editor mode and displaying the VDA values:

Maybe you're also able to correct this..?

Last edited by the_crimson_thunder on Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Gil: Exactly what crimson said.

Don't confuse program with multisound. The M1/M1R/M1EX/M1Plus1 all still only allow 100 programs internally (an extra 100 with an external card), but your raw PCM data (multisounds) sizes are different from one M1 to the next.

That program "HeavenHarp" you imported to the library is accessing multisound 107 for OSC 2 which doesn't exist on the M1/M1R! So my program suppresses it from showing up on the library table BUT DOESN'T DELETE IT FROM THE DATABASE! The assumption is you'll correct the issue for your M1 type selected.

The reason the message keeps popping up is because it's still in your database and you don't have the right M1 type to handle it (the database also gets reloaded every time you import a new program. That's why it showed up again.)

Here are your choices:

1. Delete the actual program from the library (you'll need to change the M1 type to M1Ex or M1 Plus 1 to gain access to it.
2. Change the M1 type of M1Ex or M1 Plus 1,
3. Load the syx file with that HeavenHarp program,change the M1 type to M1Ex, set the multisound 2 for HeavenHarp to be a number below 100, then save your syx file. Only after saving the SYX file SHOULD THE LIBRARY VERSION change with it. The switch M1 type back to M1/M1R. Please verify this.

It's another undocumented feature: all syx changes should be reflected in the library to maintain consistency.

@crimson: can you get me a screenshot of that entire page? I want to look at your other text elements.

Thanks!

Last edited by sunriser111671 on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Crimson, that updated service manual is the cat's meow!

Did you do that?
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can you get me a screenshot of that entire page? I want to look at your other text elements

Yes, will do as soon as I'm back home from work.

Quote:
Wow Crimson, that updated service manual is the cat's meow! Did you do that?

Yes Sir! Cool
Last year I managed to aquire an unused EX expansion set for the 'normal' M1 on eBay - it contained all stuff needed except the service reconstruction manual. Shocked
Since I've only found a crappy scan of that original Korg manual which doesn't really show where to cut traces and solder wires I decided to do a completely revision of this manual. I started to ask for some pictures that clearly show what to do where - and one fine day a guy named Rob Couto 'popped up' and sent me some fine pics showing all I needed to know and allowed me to use them with my 'new' version! After adding some pics I took with my digi-cam I created this revised version to help out others if being in the same situation as me... Very Happy
And after finishing that document I translated it into German language and put them both on the web - that's the story... Wink

Edit: here's the entire page
the_crimson_thunder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ gilhlem

The M1 Multisounds are sampled waveforms (snippets) of several different instruments and stored in ROM chips (4 MB on M1/M1R - 8MB on M1EX/M1REX). ALL Sounds on a Korg M1/M1EX depend on that Multisounds! You can form (shape) these Multisounds and use two of them together (Double mode in a Prog) or up to eight (Multi mode in a Combi). Since the Multisounds are stored in ROM (Read Only Memory) you can't change any of the locations they're stored at - so you can't move Multisound 12 to, let's say, 33. They cannot be overwritten. And you cannot transfer Multisounds from one M1 to another via MIDI or whatsoever! The first 100 Multis (00 - 99) are the same on M1/M1EX. But the Multisounds 100 - 189 ONLY exist on EX models of the M1/M1R. If you try to use a Prog or Combi that uses one (or more) Multisound(s) above 99 the 'normal' M1 will fail to use those Prog or Combi...
Hope this helps a bit to understand how the M1 works internally Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: