Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg M1 Editor/Librarian Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New, version 0.1.5:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_015Setup.exe

Bug Fixes Only:

- Fixed Read from M1+1/EX or open M1+1/EX SYX file (multisounds above 99 not loaded correctly)
- Fixed Keyboard software error when program closes
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 0.1.6:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_016Setup.exe

Bug Fixes Only:

- Quick Fix to version 0.1.5 for Online download and proper EX/Plus 1 multisound selections
computerchemist1

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for keeping this project going Sunriser! Keep up the great work! Smile
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 0.1.7:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_017Setup.exe

New Feature:

- Each envelope (Pitch, VDF, and VDA) have a "To OSC" button that allows you to quickly copy envelope settings from one oscillator to another within the same instrument PRG.

Thanks to mooneh for the suggestion.

Enjoy
mooneh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work really like the "to osc" button which is must faster instead of right click and copy or something like that.

It would be cool if you could also copy VDA and VDF envelope between each other. If you for example only want to make tiny variations between VDA envelope and the filter sweep or when programming a sound more from scratch..

I will have my M1 soon to try this. This editor looks absolutely brilliant.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sunriser,

A few years ago, you worked on M1 clone for Kronos. But today, all links are out.
Did stop working on it ?

Thanks for your response
mattijamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Flex Editor Status Reply with quote

Is your Flex Editor project still live?
Do you know if it works with the Digidesign 003 Rack as the MIDI interface?
bubblenugget

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sunriser! First I want to say that Flex Editor is an amazing app!

Recently I've been running into major crashes and I'm not sure what's causing it. After uninstall/reinstall, I can get the app running and loading syx data to my M1R. I can set the Midi In and Out with my external keyboard and play the M1R with no issues.

The crashes appear to be happening in 2 ways. First, if I ever try to save anything to the library, crash to desktop.
Second is when I close the app after the first run. If I ever open the app again, my inputs show as reversed, as in my external keyboard will appear in M1 MIDI In/Out and the M1R interface will appear in the Keyboard MIDI IN Device. Any attempt to modify the options result in a crash to desktop.

Unfortunately, the only way I have been able to use the app is by reinstalling it when every use and never attempting to use the Library function. I'm guessing this issue started with the latest Win10 update since this wasn't happening before.

Running on Win10 Home, v1803, build 17134.112. Tried Flex versions 0.1.7 and 0.1.6 with the same results. Any help is appreciated!
bubblenugget

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I can change the M1 MIDI Output Device with no issue. Only MIDI IN options appear to crash the app.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bubblenugget: Just to make sure you're setting the MIDI ports right:

M1 MIDI Input Device: MIDI OUT from your M1R via MIDI interface
M1 MIDI Output Device: MIDI IN to your M1R via MIDI interface

Keyboard MIDI IN Device: Your external keyboard controller MIDI OUT via a different MIDI interface.

Your external keyboard should never be selected as an M1 Input or Output device.

I installed the latest version on my Win 10 laptop and had a crash only under this condition: Setting the M1 MIDI In and the Keyboard MIDI IN to the same MIDI port. All 3 MUST be different port assignments!

As far as Save to Library, is there more info you can provide? I tested that on my laptop as well and works fine.

BTW, do you install the software to the default C:\Flex Editor M1 location?
bubblenugget

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Roland UM-ONE USB to MIDI interface to connect to the M1 In and Out. Nanokey2 for external USB keyboard. After the initial install I select the options as

M1 MIDI Input Device: UM-ONE
M1 MIDI Output Device: UM-ONE
Keyboard MIDI IN Device: nanoKEY2

Everything works as expected until I close the app and start it again. After reopening the options show as

M1 MIDI Input Device: nanoKEY2
M1 MIDI Output Device: nanoKEY2
Keyboard MIDI IN Device: UM-ONE

That's when things get a little crashy if I attempt to change the either M1 MIDI Input Device back to UM-ONE or setting Keyboard MIDI IN back to nanoKEY2.

------
Even more strange, I just now opened the app with the M1 powered off and the MIDI devices are selected incorrectly again. Crashed as expected when attempting to change.
Restarted the app a second time, again with M1 powered off, now the MIDI devices are correct and everything is working fine after I boot up the M1. I restarted the app a few more times and it seems correct each time now. I still can't change the inputs without crashing, but at least they're set right on startup now. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

As for the Send to Library crash, I think I figured it out just now. I noticed I was able to save from other SYX files. So, I took "Bob's Favorites.syx" and renamed to "BFAVES.syx". Sure enough, it just didn't like the original filename. Issue resolved as user error.

I really appreciate the quick response. Please let me know if there's any other info I can provide on the input device change crash.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I think I might know what's going on.

Are you powering off any MIDI devices during this testing? Or turning on the nanokey AFTER loading Flex at certain times?

Upon further testing, I turned off one of my external keyboards that was assigned to the Keyboard MIDI in. When I reloaded Flex Editor, it re-targetted the M1 IN/OUT and KEYBOARD IN to different MIDI devices.

The reason for this is the way I store the MIDI devices: it's by device list index number. When MIDI devices turn on and off, it will shrink/expand/reorder the list.

I need to to some revisions to look for that actual MIDI port name instead. Might take a few days due to other commitments.

The crash on the SYX name: try changing the file .SYX file name again where it contains an apostrophe ('). If it crashes again, I'll look into that as well.
bubblenugget

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're correct on both. I had done some disconnecting and reconnecting of the cables when I started to notice the input device issues. As long as the M1 interface is connected first, the devices show in the correct order.

I also added the apostrophe back into the filename and confirmed that seems to be causing the library crash.

Thanks and let me know if you want me to try anything else out. I'm more than happy to help!
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New version 0.1.8:

http://bakyardsoft.com/bakyard/FlexEditorM1_018Setup.exe

Fix Only:
- MIDI ports for In, KBD In, and Out now tied to port name not device list index. After install, you will have to reset your mid ports. After that it should remember the ports. If a port is missing, a warning message will pop up.

Thanks to bubblenugget for finding the bug.

Enjoy
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@bubblenugget: Try the new version I posted and let me know if it fixes the MIDI port issues.

As far as the apostrophe issue: I was not able to re-create it. File names with apostrophe worked fine for me. Just take out the apostrophes in the file names as a work-around for now.

And thanks for your interest in the Flex Editor!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: