Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T2 EX SAMPLES
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gorkymate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: T2 EX SAMPLES Reply with quote

...as stated, does anybody have samples for T2EX?
They use DSM or PCM samples..I don't know...
anybody???
cello
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best guess is PCM as the T series can use the PCM cards that the M1 used.

On checking the manual I now see that the 'Receive sample dump' routine can only work with PCM data and only if the PCM RAM option has been installed...
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cello wrote:
On checking the manual I now see that the 'Receive sample dump' routine can only work with PCM data and only if the PCM RAM option has been installed...

Yes, but they behave as drum samples, so you cannot really work it as a regular multisample... That's why floppy loading is essential. Some translation program would be nice.
stovuk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

c/p from my another thread: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52410&highlight=

As we know, T2ex (or T3ex, T1) couldn't read DSS-1 sample disks, only DSM-1 do that, so I find some DSM-1 disk libraries for free download @ Larry's DSM page (wiseguysynth).

Here is a link:http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/dsm-1/disk-dsm.htm

There is around 30MB of samples.

BUT, when you download this DSM-1 sample disks they are in .DSK format and you need a CopyQM soft to write this .DSK images to DS2HD floppies and then load to T2ex. CopyQM can run only under Win98 ):

Ok, I try to run it on XP under Win98 Compatibility Mode, it starts well, but when I try to write .DSK images to floppy, I've got a message - "Unusable Diskette". Don't worry, I always use brand new DS2HD diskettes. Where is the problem? Maybe I must run CopyQM on real Win98?

So, I really don't know how to convert all these sample images (.DSK) to floppy disks... Can anyone help??

Of course, I'm interested to collect all samples for T2ex so if anyone can send me some links I'll appreciable that.

Thnx in advance

Stovuk
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stovuk, I think that CopyQM really does not work with compatibility mode but only under WinME/2000 or earlier. An option might be to run Win98/ME in a Virtual PC emulator and see whether it puts out the correct stuff to the floppy - but I have not tried it so cannot guarantee it will work, in fact I'm almost sure it won't but I'd give it a try had I got the time to test.

Further to that, DSM has two disk types, performance and work (if I remember well). Only performance disk sample data can be read by the T-series, I don't know which kind the disks on the late Larry Hendry's page are.

Someone has offered me help with a DSM-1 (me sending the DSS-1 image and him sending back the DSM-1 image), but I lost track of that thread, I'm into trying to write WAV data directly onto a floppy, nowadays...
jhulk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: sample Reply with quote

it was me synthjoe

ill be doing loads of samples to t1 pcm format from the dsm1

and i can do the full library of the dss1 to as i have a dssx like synth joe i can convert them to dsm1 format and load them into the t series

i am also going to convert the full e2 library and its patches thats theres about 1500 patches

i have already started to do the multi samples from the kawaik1/k4 and jd800/jd990

have already done the partials from the original set from prophet vs which is 96 multisamples

also done the full set of dwgs

and have already built the 2000 single cycle waves of the ppg so you can create some sounds of the ppg series but not be able to do wavetable scanning
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there you are Jammie! Smile Great stuff!
jhulk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: pcm samples Reply with quote

right just tried the sample dump feature and synthjoe is right it wont do multisounds it will do one shots

but when i try to use the sample it wont let me becuase it is not a multisound file it wont let me use a drum sound either

any ideas

so it looks like the only way to get multisamples into the t1 series is by the dsm1 multisounds so i will do that tomorrow as i have started to port the kawaik1 partial sound set will be doing 3 sets of disks for the 256 sounds of the k1

ill start dumping to the dsm1 and will save to a performance disk and load into the tseries and then save it as a t1 series pcm disk just think thats 100 new waveforms endless patch possibilities

just think when i do the ppg single cycle wave set there will be 20 disks worth of partials im going to kick start a new patch revolution for the t1

and if i can source out the format for the pcm cards then the m1 will also have the same sets
T3owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: pcm samples Reply with quote

Is anyone familiar with Korg "MultiMaker"? It was freeware from 1991 that ran on a Macintosh computer of that time with a MIDI port. Here's the beginning (there's more) of the Read_Me:
-------------------------------
How to Use MultiMaker
(C) 1991 Command Development & Korg USA, Inc

First of all, there are two questions to answer:

1)What is MultiMaker?
2)Why do I need to use it?

1)MultiMaker is a sample mapping utility program for the Korg T1/T2ex/T3ex.

2)You will find it very helpful if you work with sending samples to your T series keyboard. Normally, samples that are sent to the T are only accessible through the use of a drum kit. The drum kit allows you to select which key a sample will be assigned to, its tuning (over a two octave range), its level, decay, and panning.

There are some limitations to using a drum kit, however. The main disadvantage is that there are only four drum kits in a T series keyboard: using a drum kit to map samples is not the most convenient method and it uses up one of your drum kits. Also, there is no Top Key parameter in a drum kit, so that the original key is also the highest key for that sample (you could use the tuning control to raise the original pitch, therefore extending the playable range of notes for that sample, but this is not the most flexible method). In addition, only one drum kit is playable at a time (in a program).
Enter MultiMaker. MultiMaker allows you to create and send up to 40 fully mapped Multisounds (see below). Multisounds are independent of the four drum kits and offer more flexibility for mapping your samples across the keyboard. Furthermore, a program can have up to two Multisounds assigned to it.

*Note: If you have a T2 or T3, you must have the RAM option installed in order for it to receive sample dumps. This option (known as EXK-T) is available at any authorized Korg service center for the suggested installed price of $250. The T1, T2ex, and T3ex come with this option already installed at the factory.

What this program will not do: This program will not send samples to the T series keyboard; it can only map samples that are already in the T series' RAM area.

Before You Begin

1. Make sure your MIDI interface is plugged into your Mac modem port.

2. Dump the samples you will be mapping into your T1/T2ex/T3ex using Sound Designer Universal 1.3, Sound Designer Universal 1.5, Alchemy, MIDI sample dump from another sampler, etc. (Make sure EXCL is set to "o" in the T1/T2ex/T3ex's Global mode.)

3. Open MultiMaker by double-clicking on its icon, and adjust the MIDI Channel to match your synth.

----------------------------------
I can post more of the ReadMe if there's interest.

If anyone has a Mac of the right era with a MIDI adapter, I have the program as an HQX compressed file (requires BinHex4 to decompress) of about 87k in size. Is there somewhere I can upload it to so that it will be available to whoever might want it?
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really interesting. It would be great if you could upload here (drop Sharp a mail), even though I don't do Machintos... Smile
jhulk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: multimaker it sounds to much fiddling around Reply with quote

with the dsm1 i can send over midi and then make a multisound on the dsm1 very quickly then all i have to do is save the multisound to disk

and load into the t1
jhulk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: pcm sample disks Reply with quote

the t series ex pcm sample ram will only accomodate 2 banks from 4 banks of a dsm1 disk it will not load a full dsm1 memory bank so it only has 512k and not 1024 1mb

like the dsm1 has

still it does sound good on the tseries

i have managed to do 4 pcm disks with various samples but it is time consumming

i can now see why they used to charge so much for pcm disks and pcm cards

the time involved is great

been worth it im going to be doing loads now as i am getting the hand of doing the conversions

so to cap it off from 1 dsm1 disk of four full pcm banks i can load any 2 banks into the t1/t2ex/3ex that means i can get 2 pcm disk from 1 dsm1 disk

if i leave it to single cyclic multisounds then 100 is no problem but anything bigger than a few seconds eats up memory very quickly

and the max sample is 5 secs at 48khz

8 secs at 32khz

10 secs at 22050 this the frequency im tending to sample at due to most sounds being in this frequency range thats the max time per bank

cant have any sample bigger than that due to how the sampler was designed so when you do a multi sample the max time has to be split into portions for the multi samples

but its nice to be able to hear your own sounds in patches
T3owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: pcm sample disks Reply with quote

jhulk wrote:
the t series ex pcm sample ram will only accomodate 2 banks from 4 banks of a dsm1 disk it will not load a full dsm1 memory bank so it only has 512k and not 1024 1mb[...]

T-series PCM RAM is comprised of 256Kb x 4 (1Mb) chips. There are eight of them, which results in 1024KB/1MB of memory -- at eight bits. Obviously, for 16 bits, that's 512Kword capacity.
jhulk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: tex Reply with quote

like i said only half the memory of the dsm1 which has 1mb at 12bits

still i can get 100 additive multi samples in 2 banks no problem

if any body needs specific samples then let me know and i will try and accomodate

think on the lines of emu emax1/2 EII/rolands50/s330/s550/casio fz1/which i can translate to wave then dump to the dsm1

i have the full e2 library and the roland libraries emax full library and fz1 full library plus my own libraries
jorgemncardoso

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, i'm resurrecting this post to ask if there where any progress in the making of these sample disks for the T3? I've tried to make some T3 disks out of the dsm-1 disk images on Lerry's site, but no success yet. Any help would be welcome.
Did anyone developed this any further?
Yamaha: Motif XS8
Roland: expanded JV-1010 modules (3X)
...And a bucket load of Softsynths, plug-ins, and DAW's Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: