Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe2 performance (techno-ish)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaartenNl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject: Electribe2 performance (techno-ish) Reply with quote

I am not sure that i'm allowed to post my own stuff, but i'll add some info to make things clear. Tonight a made my first 'live-set' video with the electribe 2. Here is the link: https://youtu.be/Jx2gcqN8_KE

Here is some info:

I didn't really planned the set. yesterday i listened to all my tracks, wrote down wich were the best, and then wrote those patternes to 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. (i wrote each 'good' pattern to two new patterns, for example: track 3 was good, i wrote it to 1 and 2, so i had some room and could tweak it a little bit for the upcoming track).

I recorderd the sound with the event recorder, after the video was made i recorded the audio of the event from the electribe to logic. In my video-editing software i 'synchronised the audio with the video. I did this by (i cutted it later out) pressing some pads firmly, for example the cymbal. By doing this the gopro recorded the sound of my finger 'stomping' on the pad. This was clearly visible in the waveform of the videotrack, so i synced it that way with the audio.

@ 3.42 i pressed the stop button. That was intended, but i didn't know it will stop the event recorder. (If i didn't told this, the most folks will see this as an 'artistic break'Wink . So be warned, when you are 'recording events' you can press exit to go to other patterns, but don't press 'stop'. (just unmute the audio).

Somewhere in the video i struggled with the Step Jump buttons. I think i won't touch it again till i fully master it.

I use the highpass delay as a masterfx on all tracks. I think personally this is the best option for mixing to other tracks. I would love to choose other mfx filters but if you go the the next pattern, with another filter it cuts the previous filter off.

I use the 'Lololow' kick in a lot of tracks. Its deep, punchy, but not
as 'over the top' as the 909 kick. I love this kick. In the most track i also added the 'punch' filter to it. But be very careful (maybe its a bug?)!

If you have all tracks running you can 'punch' the bassdrum @127 (fx paramenter value).

But when you mute some tracks and you have for example only the bassdrum, some hihats and a clap the bassdrum (with the same 'punch') amount goes way to loud. So my advice: write the track with punch on with a value of 10 or 20, there is no golden rule but that way you can later add more punch when you are unmuting more tracks.

Another complaint (or i overlooked it): You cant record new stuff (when you are recording events. You can use the sequencer but for live this doesn't work always as good as 'live recording'.

I hope you liked it, and if you have some feedback or advice, your welcome.

I also hope i inspired you to make new stuff.
mihata

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really liked the vibe and also how busy you are with it. There is also certain non-lienarity in your performance that looks really fun! Sound is great and detailed as well.

Where do you live in NL? we could meet and jam together as I'm also into this kind of music:) I'm in Rotterdam but on a holiday in my home country right now..

+++
KnowingWhatTheButtonDoes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On like Voltron.
This is how you play the E2.
I was gonna practice until I could pull it off, but I'm way too lazy...
Santa better bring me that RS7000.
111213forlife

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a great track that shows a lot of things that make the e2 so awesome. i agree, you definitely have a great ability to keep things changing and fresh as you move through the track.

here's my most recent song; i'm still trying to fight through the voice cutting and pattern gaps, even though i upgraded to 1.10: https://youtu.be/ga3T4tVz0ZI

i subbed to your channel, too. i'd love to hear what you do next!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: