Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy reactivation at each reboot :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razorPoint

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Legacy reactivation at each reboot :( Reply with quote

Hey there.

I am an (extremely. I might add) happy user of Korg Legacy. But some time ago something strange started to happen.

I am using the 64-bit version of KLC on Windows 7 64-bit with Ableton Live 9 64-bit, all original software. Since some weeks I have had to re-issue license for each of KLC 6 plugs each time I rebooted the machine. I noticed that after some time because I used to hibernate the workstation instead of turning it off Wink but now this is really getting annoying.

One thing that kinda happened at the same time this started to happen, was the Windows 10 upgrade offer. I haven't upgraded yet, the icon is still hanging in the tray, and probably the 3GB of upgrade packs have already downloaded, but they are not installed yet. Could that be recognized as 'environment change' by KLC??

Any help/hints would be really appreciated.
martin_l

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Legacy reactivation at each reboot :( Reply with quote

razorPoint wrote:
Hey there.

I am an (extremely. I might add) happy user of Korg Legacy. But some time ago something strange started to happen.

I am using the 64-bit version of KLC on Windows 7 64-bit with Ableton Live 9 64-bit, all original software. Since some weeks I have had to re-issue license for each of KLC 6 plugs each time I rebooted the machine. I noticed that after some time because I used to hibernate the workstation instead of turning it off Wink but now this is really getting annoying.

One thing that kinda happened at the same time this started to happen, was the Windows 10 upgrade offer. I haven't upgraded yet, the icon is still hanging in the tray, and probably the 3GB of upgrade packs have already downloaded, but they are not installed yet. Could that be recognized as 'environment change' by KLC??

Any help/hints would be really appreciated.

I seem to experience the same problem here. I have not yet figured out what causes it. So far, I somehow suspected having a USB device plugged in or not, but now it occurs to me that it also started about when the Win 10 update messages came.
rmcd

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

razorPoint:

Did you ever get a reply/ resolution to this? I've been having the exact same issue and have to date rec'd NOTHING from the Canadian distributor support that's been useful. The fact your post is from over a year ago is concerning.

For me, this started with the install of Win 7. I run 2 versions of Cubase & had the problem switching from one to the other. This was with the dongle at the time. Was told it should work. Hmmm. Then I was told to switch to the 64-bit versions of KLC, which I'd already done when installing Win 7. After a couple years of this, I gave up.

A few months ago I pursued it again and was told I shouldn't be using the dongle with the 64-bit, because of its challenge/response eLicensing approach. So I dumped the dongle. Now, every time I do a cold boot, I have to get the license auth. re-issued. So I was then told that I must be doing something wrong (????); and next, that it's normal behaviour with a system change, which can be triggered with just a change in a USB connection. SERIOUSLY!!!??? Mad Seems like the tech is resorting to default answers. I'm not changing a thing between boots. And if this was the problem how stupid is that!?

REALLY hoping someone out there has a solution for this because I'm getting really close to tossing Korg altogether due to the aggravation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: