Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

live performance of Korg PA1X sequencer and Spacestation amp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: live performance of Korg PA1X sequencer and Spacestation amp Reply with quote

This is an iPhone recording of a live performance of my group "simply praise". I am using my trusty old Korg PA 1X and the space station keyboard amp. There are two songs that we perform, the first is only a partial recording of the Vicky yohi song called " I know a name " and the second song is a song by the artist Fred Hammond and it's called "don't pass me by"

Please bear with the quality of the recording and to some extent the quality of the singing as we had been singing virtually all day and were quite tired ! That's my story and I'm sticking to it ! Ha ha . Both songs were sequenced directly into the keyboard by myself. But what this shows is how well the space station fills the entire auditorium from one little stereo amp box that is just over 1ft tall and weighs about 40pounds. My niece recorded performances from the back of the church which seats around 200 people . If you're not into gospel music ignore these clips. If you like to hear gospel music enjoy.

"I know a name " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9yBtuaAopY

"Don't pass me by " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R87x7NHkZ7k
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Worth,
Just came across this and I thought it was really great. Better than Lionel Ritchie and defineitely better than Hillsong.
Is that you doing most of the singing in the second song?
Love it - it just goes to show that its not having the latest technology that counts - its the level of talent.
Your sequencing skills are brilliant and I like the nice live sound especially the drums (Golden Entertainer expansion?).
If thats what you get with an iPhone I wonder what you would get in a recording studio?
Keep it up brother!
John
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi worth. Was a real pleasure to listen to the songs. Would suggest you change the category from Comedy to Gospel though. Think you would get a lot more people listening to you all. Lovely performances
Very Happy
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the compliments guys !! I did not think anyone visited this part of the forum anymore.

yes Reuben its me singing lead on both songs .

And yes I am using the golden entertainer drums . I love sequencing on my PA1X and I use it like a workstation as much as I use it as an arranger. I wish i could post clips of me using it as an arranger with the childrens choir i sometimes work with, but parents are very touchy about putting videos of their kids on youtube these days. Its just an indication of the climate of fear folks tend to live under these days.

Thanks for the tip Mr Niceneasy. its my brotehrs youtube account so i will ask him to change the category !!

here is another clip done some years back when we were just sitting in the basement of my church jamming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lubAqrhzzxo

this next one was done some 5 years ago . just a nice jazz version of the hymn "wonderful words of life ".

lots of duff notes but very enjoyable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGyIf0ozQ

And this last one which is an old negro spiritual that I rearranged and seqeunced all directly on the PA1X. Its a very precious memory to us as a family as you can see my mother on the sofa in the clip just soaking up the music. Its the last time she ever heard us sing as a family before she died sadly some months later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluPIFtAM48

I hope you enjoy
jazzmammal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since nobody has commented on the Spacestation amp I will.

There is a thread over on the Keyboard Corner forum that started about 18 months ago and is at 140 pages now about the CPS Spacestation V.3 Since I live in LA I called Aspen exactly a year ago to ask if I could come to his studio to try one out to decide if I wanted to buy one and he said great timing! He had a demo session already set up for 6:30 that evening and if I could get there by 5:30 he could make a demo of me too so I showed up with my Hammond SK1. I am also a proud owner of the Pa1XPro and use it regularly for one man band type of gigs but for this test I wanted to try out the Hammond.

All I'll say is this amp is the absolute bomb. People just don't believe how good it sounds and how powerful it is for such a small amp with an 8" woofer. I won't get into any details right now just go here:

http://www.centerpointstereo.com/videos.php

This is the video demo page of Aspen's website and I'm on there too under my username Jazzmammal. I don't work for him or anything but I tell anybody who'll listen if you're a keyboard player you need one of these, period. Like most players I've used so many different amps and PA's over the years it's ridiculous. People can also go to the Keyboard Corner forum and check out this thread:

http://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2602284/Head_s_up_SpaceStation_keyboar#Post2602284

This is the beginning of this epic thread. The amp didn't actually become available until around page 30 or so but it really didn't start to catch on until maybe page 100. This amp has created an absolute sensation in the keyboard community. Again I DO NOT have any kind of affiliation with them but I am a huge fan.

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: