Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roli releases Seaboard Rise
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldascanio wrote:
It would be great if options like copying one timbre (and IFX) to all other timbres or just a subset of timbres plus options to copy a group of timbres to fill the other timbres with the same group could be also available in your tool in future versions.

This is the kind of logic I'd like to see implemented:

1) Set the COMBI/COMBIS from the list you like to modify. Once done a SETTINGS windows should open to set T and N.
2)Set the number of TIMBRES (T) you like to clone (1-8 with 1 by default)
3) Set the number of times it should be cloned (N) from 1 to 15 (Some logic should be applied here for the max. number available as NxT can never exceed the 16 channels). by default N should be de max. number available.
4) Set the first MIDI channel to use from 1 to (16-N) with the MIDI channel set for the first timbre in the group as default.

Then PCG tools should copy the first T timbres and clone N times that group of timbres as blocks keeping all Timbre settings (layering, splits, transpose, IFX structure of the block (even if they are chained). Modify the MIDI channel for the group to be cloned so all of the timbres in the group share the same channel and then in each group cloned increase the MIDI channel by one (all timbres must share same MIDI channel and all groups must have different MIDI channels but consecutive numbers)
I guess KARMA settings should be initialized and MFX could be kept as they were set in the combi.

Some refinement could include the first TIMBRE to begin from (i.e.you could like to keep the first two timbres with global channel to be managed locally and begin cloning from Timbre 3.

Of course Kronos is not the only sound generator that could be used so it would be great to have this implemented in all the supported instruments.

I have no knowledge for programming but If I can help you with anything else (translation to Spanish or whatever) just let me know.[/quote]

I already made in my development version partly your request; what it can do is copy the first timbre to all other timbres (but I can fairly easy change it to copy a group).

However, the bad news is that it might take quite some time before I can release it, since I'm in a big change which I need to finish .

The IFXs will be copied too but there is no intelligence (meaning the copied timbres will also copy the IFX routing as is).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tomto66

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A question about sustain pedals - I get the impression that, with the seabord rise connected to the Kronos, the sustain pedal - connected to the Kronos, not to the Rise - does not seem to work right. It's like the polarity of different, but in the Rise dashboard I cannot seem to find a setting to switch the sustain polarity. Anyone else ran into this?
ldascanio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomto66 wrote:
A question about sustain pedals - I get the impression that, with the seabord rise connected to the Kronos, the sustain pedal - connected to the Kronos, not to the Rise - does not seem to work right. It's like the polarity of different, but in the Rise dashboard I cannot seem to find a setting to switch the sustain polarity. Anyone else ran into this?

It seems weird as the Roli settings should not affect Kronos behavior when the pedal is connected to Kronos but maybe even if not connected to the Roli the Rise transmit pedal info as always open or always closed and that affects the Kronos.

I'll be able to connect my new Rise to the Kronos next week. I'll check and let you know.

Rgds
OASYS 88 #000312
KRONOS 61 #003946
KORG Z1, ROLAND PK-5
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple links from Roli to help connect to external gear that is class compliant, which the Kronos is. For those who have asked how to connect to the Kronos.

Using Dashboard

Connecting to other USB gear
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Roli Rise 49 today. I'm having a problem with the pitch bending. If you set the joystick to +- octave on the Kronos and likewise in Dashboard, the notes only bend a minor third. That really defeats using this controller with the Kronos. Has anyone found a work-around for this?

-phattbuzz
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this will help Phattbuzz.
Midi Messages with Rise

I am not a midi savvy person but as I understand this link the rise will work +/- 12 semitones minimum, set in the dashboard, and then set the Kronos to the same. I have not tired this yet.
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what I did to fix the problem but it's fixed now. I had set both the Kronos and Dashboard to +/-12 for pitchbend but for some reason Dashboard and the Roli kept changing back to +/-48. The instructions say to unplug the USB and it should retain the value but that wasn't working. I tried shutting off the Roli while still connected to Dashboard and I think that may have done it but I was trying a lot of different things at the time.
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
mm-pro

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a bit of trouble with retention of settings as well. I don't really have a work around that is consistent, though I did change it once from the Noise app on an iPad and the controller retained the settings after disconnect.

Roli really needs to allow the saving & recall of different profiles in the Dashboard program.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, when you made the settings you hope would have been saved where you using bluetooth to connect to Dashboard or wired in with usb? I wonder if that makes a difference?
mm-pro

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me Usb to a MacBook Pro
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Roli support? I have had a multitude of questions and submitted them through support. Took a day or two to hear back, because I usually post on a weekend, but they are quick and have been great to work with!
mm-pro

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their service is great. Known issue.
tomto66

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Phatbuzz I had the same pitch bending issue. Set Kronos to -/+12 and ditto on the Rise and it will work correctly. Here is the relevant support page: https://support.roli.com/article/setting-the-ideal-pitch-bend-range/
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem I had had to do with the order of how I set up the Dashboard. Before setting up the MIDI assignment of channels, set up the pitchbend first. When I did this in the correct order it worked correctly and saved to the unit. So reset the Dashboard first so the MIDI assignment are the factory default. I had first set up the Midi Channels so they were using 9-16 and then set the pitchbend to +/-12.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you all found the SEABOARD taking your time away from your other boards? I have the Rise on daily the Arp weekly and my poor Kronos hasn't been on since December! I think tomorrow it will be time to join the two.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: