Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mic setup in song mode

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JayLou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Mic setup in song mode Reply with quote

When I setup a song in song play mode using midi files the mic settings are not saved with the song. Is there a way to have the harmonizer and double settings come on with the song setup.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use the Songbook all settings will be saved with each STS including harmonise and double settings. So load your song, hit Songbook button, Edit Book 1, write it with a name and copy acrosss any STS settings you want including mic settings. You can then make a custom list so list a set of songs or alternatively when you save yoiur song add your initials to say Artist Name and filter the list by Artist.
JayLou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reuben, thanks for your quick response to my issue. As a test I tried a songbook STY and a MIDI song. I set the mic settings so Mic, Harmony and double are lit. Went to Book Edit 1. I selected write Current resource and write STS, select current to sts1. Press write to rename/overwrite and choose OK. Choose another song and then go back to the song I edited. Still no luck. The only light that will stay on is the Mic light on the mic setting panel. Any ideas what might be happening here.

thanks

Lou
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - what Songbook does it that it calls up one of your vocal presets with each STS. So you need to save the preset the way you want it (say double on, harmony on or off etc.).
So because you will want various versions of the same type of harmony (say Two High with double on and Two High with Double off) you need to create your own presets and save them with a name that makes sense to you.
I have left all the factory suggested presets as they are (and these are still the most used ones) and then saved my own variations.
So for instance - turning Harmony on/off on the front panel won't be saved with an STS but turning it on/off within the preset will when you write the preset.
The quickest way to access these features if by holding down Shift and pressing the Harmony button.
Cheers,
John
JayLou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's easy once you know how. Shift + harmony button, awesome.
Thanks John
Lou
JayLou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:

I was trying to have a setting where the mic was turned off when the song was loaded. When I mute the lead or turn the lead level down in the settings the next settings will have the mic turned off. even when i save the preset or use songbook and save the settings. I'm gonna keep trying to figure this out but if you see this post I would appreciate some advice.

thanks

Lou
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: