Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert your grey Korg Electribe E2 to E2S OS Swap tutorial!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did the hack work
So good!
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Im not brave enough
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
I dont trust you
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

robotunes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the hacked e2 can't sample?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it can actually. I tried both sampling and resampling today, both worked.
But i have an issue too. I must be doing something wrong. I loaded a sample to my sd, imported the sample, saved to 999. I could play the sample on the e2. But after reloading the maschine there was no sample. I repeated a couple of times and result was the same. Does anybody have ideas?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realized my mistake, I shoukd have saved all samples file.

Btw, when you are sampling or resampling it saves to the first available slot 501 (as was mentioned before). Don't forget to export the sample, import it to another slot and delete from 501.
rowf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spanish tutorial with pictures if needed! http://www.hispasonic.com/tutoriales/convierte-tu-korg-electribe-2-electribe-sampler/41059

Tutorial en español con fotos! En portada de Hispasonic!

Past Korg gear: Es-1 mk1 (modded), Er-1 mk2, Ea-1 mk1, Esx-1, Emx-1, Kp3, Korg Em-1 (double switch mod and Moog knobs), Volca Beats with Midi Out Mod and Snare Fix Mod, Volca Keys, Volca Bass, Volca Sample, Monotron Delay
negmo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject: Where is .all file or blank sample set folder? Reply with quote

I can't find the blank sample set or the defualt e2sSample.all file? What did I do wrong?
mijaba

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems the tutorial at the beginning of this indicates the reverse of what the other page does-- as in THIS thread says to change the e2 header to match the e2s header, but on the Spanish site it says to change the e2s header to match the e2 header. Not sure if I want to try it.
HERE (translated from the Spanish website)>>>>
Compare the head; you will see one called E2 and E2S another. Everything else looks the same. In the hex editor you have to change 3 numbers of the E2S OS to make it look like the E2.<<<<
ryanandrews

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: a little help? Reply with quote

I'm trying to do this thing and am wondering how to save the system file after i've made the header modifications in hexedit. How do you save the file in hexedit after you're done? It seems that within hexedit I can only save files 1mb or smaller or something...

I'd appreciate any feedback/help. thanks!!
larsvommars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice tutorial!!!

i wanted to change the electribe-s systemfile.
but there are 5 numbers i have to change to make it look similar to the electribe systemfile.
what am i doing wrong. whats wrong with my files??

can someone please help? Confused
Alesis Monitor One Mk2,
Akai APC 40, Arturia Beatstep,Native Instruements Kontrol X1,
2x Synq X.TRM.1
MAOY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having trouble with this. After first installation it continues to install the update every time I boot the Electribe and there is no way to get pass it it seems. What versions of the software are you guys using?
huf_naghell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
it can actually. I tried both sampling and resampling today, both worked.
But i have an issue too. I must be doing something wrong. I loaded a sample to my sd, imported the sample, saved to 999. I could play the sample on the e2. But after reloading the maschine there was no sample. I repeated a couple of times and result was the same. Does anybody have ideas?

NickZoll wrote:
I realized my mistake, I shoukd have saved all samples file.

Btw, when you are sampling or resampling it saves to the first available slot 501 (as was mentioned before). Don't forget to export the sample, import it to another slot and delete from 501.

I have the same problem. Import sample to for example 600. then i slice it so i have something like 600-1, 600-2 etc. everythings ok until i power off the electribe and turn it on. mine samples are missing and only the factory stay. i tried resampling, i´ve used a sample manager to fill up the bank but nothing works. Could you explain how to solve it step by step for a dumbass like me?
sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i´m try to say
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huf_naghell wrote:
Could you explain how to solve it step by step for a dumbass like me?

Step One: Export All Samples from the global data utility menu.

That's it. Done.

If you sample without doing the export, it's like making changes to a document without saving.

The electribe looks to the card when it starts up to load samples into RAM. Sampling or loading from a folder on the card also loads into RAM. But RAM flushes every time you restart the electribe.

Export All Samples to create a "save" of your current sample set. Export All Samples every time you make a change, add, delete sample, etc.
Tom 62

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted3000 wrote:
Export All Samples from the global data utility menu.

That should be printed in 200 pt neon pink capital letters on every e2s.
huf_naghell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanks a lot.
Degree11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAOY wrote:
Having trouble with this. After first installation it continues to install the update every time I boot the Electribe and there is no way to get pass it it seems. What versions of the software are you guys using?

The hack only works with Sampler v1.06 and Synth V.1.10. These are the older firmwares. No one has confirmed it working w the new firmwares that are found on Korg's site and they took down the older ones.

I was brave and gave it a try. The same thing is happening to mine:facepalm: I've tried all sorts of things to get it back...no luck. Just bought a Volca Sampler and happily moved on. I will hold on to my brick hoping an update hack or mod will resurrect it later.

I got the E2 luckily for cheap used so I'm not to pissed about it. I'm thinking maybe I can find a way to open it up and reflash it that way.
Hugo01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Hacked electribe Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have a grey E2 that i decided to hack, i just dont want to risk messing with the code since my skills are close to zero regarding this. Has i understand the original file has been take down, so my question is if some of you can be so kind and send me the file so i can do it safely Smile

Thank you very much for your time

hugofarinha01"at"gmaildotcom

H.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: