Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert your grey Korg Electribe E2 to E2S OS Swap tutorial!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Did the hack work
So good!
54%
 54%  [ 20 ]
Im not brave enough
37%
 37%  [ 14 ]
I dont trust you
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 37

krakapow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so korg put a monkeywrench in that os?
i could understand em throwing a in code to make the hack impossible but to have it brick youre goddamn machine? thats just poor sportsmanship.

i will pray for you lads
akozlov

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAOY wrote:
Having trouble with this. After first installation it continues to install the update every time I boot the Electribe and there is no way to get pass it it seems. What versions of the software are you guys using?

I fixed this condition by creating "Electribe" folder on the card, "System" inside it, and putting Synth 1.18 SYSTEM.VBS there. It then completed update (and became 1.18 Synth, naturally).

If you really want to go back to sampler, you'd have to install 1.10 Synth FW first. This can be done by hacking 1.10 to pretend it is 1.18.
fuegotarta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the data!
someone can upload que firmwares working for the hack?
i can´t find it in google
thanks!
Degree11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akozlov wrote:
MAOY wrote:
Having trouble with this. After first installation it continues to install the update every time I boot the Electribe and there is no way to get pass it it seems. What versions of the software are you guys using?

I fixed this condition by creating "Electribe" folder on the card, "System" inside it, and putting Synth 1.18 SYSTEM.VBS there. It then completed update (and became 1.18 Synth, naturally).

If you really want to go back to sampler, you'd have to install 1.10 Synth FW first. This can be done by hacking 1.10 to pretend it is 1.18.

I did the 1.17 synth update then tried to hack with 1.14 sampler update and just stuck asking for a reboot. I can't get past this to try anything else. Any suggestions? I've tried all sorts of things with the firmwares.
akozlov

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Degree11 wrote:

I did the 1.17 synth update then tried to hack with 1.14 sampler update and just stuck asking for a reboot. I can't get past this to try anything else. Any suggestions? I've tried all sorts of things with the firmwares.

If you put clean 1.18 Synth SYSTEM.VBS into KORG/electribe/System on your SD card and let it proceed, you should get the synth back, updated to 1.18.

If you still want to do the hack, you then need to DOWNgrade 1.18 to the old synth first (by hacking older Synth's SYSTEM.VBS), only then can you convert it to sampler.
Degree11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

akozlov wrote:
Degree11 wrote:

If you put clean 1.18 Synth SYSTEM.VBS into KORG/electribe/System on your SD card and let it proceed, you should get the synth back, updated to 1.18.

If you still want to do the hack, you then need to DOWNgrade 1.18 to the old synth first (by hacking older Synth's SYSTEM.VBS), only then can you convert it to sampler.

Dude it worked. 1.18 did it, I have my E2 back. I haven't tried the hack. I'm just glad to have it working again. Thanks
Matchboxes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Hacked electribe Reply with quote

Hugo01 wrote:
Hi guys

I have a grey E2 that i decided to hack, i just dont want to risk messing with the code since my skills are close to zero regarding this. Has i understand the original file has been take down, so my question is if some of you can be so kind and send me the file so i can do it safely Smile

Thank you very much for your time

H.

Second on that, could somebody please send me the right software version to make the hack? Also thanks very much in advance, appreciated!!

simon.sennrich@unifr.ch

S.
piscue

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a short video with the result, and showing how easy is to change firmware, not the hack itself:

https://youtu.be/8Xo2218jlpE
torels

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:03 pm    Post subject: v1.10 OS file request Reply with quote

Hello there! First post! Very Happy

I'll be receiving my E2 tomorrow, and it hasn't been updated since Feb 2015 from the former owner.
Can anybody please provide a link to a v1.10 OS? PM will do Smile

Thanks in advance Smile
splooie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Degree11 wrote:
akozlov wrote:
Degree11 wrote:

Dude it worked. 1.18 did it, I have my E2 back. I haven't tried the hack. I'm just glad to have it working again. Thanks

I followed the instructions here and after the update was completed and the system booted into the Korg Sampler screen, it boots into a "software update" screen. I hit ok and get an error. I tried loading a clean e2 1.18 firmware as described and I get card error. Please help. I just got this and really don't want it to be bricked.
piscue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which sampler software version are currently using?

Did you follow a tutorial?
splooie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: so... Reply with quote

piscue wrote:
which sampler software version are currently using?

Did you follow a tutorial?

So,
I actually figured it out and got the e2 back to 1.18 and then downgraded to 1.10 and was able to convert to e2s using instructions and fw found here:http://piscue.com/korg-electribe-2-hack/

Problem is that now all of the names of the instruments are mismatched(looks like they are the names from the E2 rather than E2S and there are barely any samples on the device. How do I get all of the samples that come with the E2S on it?
NickZoll

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no way of doing this. swap os does not convert your e2 into e2s completely. But you can still use sampler functionality and load your own samples
splooie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZoll wrote:
there's no way of doing this. swap os does not convert your e2 into e2s completely. But you can still use sampler functionality and load your own samples

But when I do and then restart the unit, it removes my samples. How do I get them to stay?
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ People are going to be asking this question until the end of time. Thanks a lot, Korg.

The answer is: pretend your unit is an electribe sampler and read the electribe sampler manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: