Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Havian Manual Bass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Havian Manual Bass Reply with quote

I notice some things when I select Man/Bass (Manual Bass). It uses an acoustic bass in very low register, without any visible way to change the octave register; it does not appear anywhere on the screen as one of the 4 voices so that you can change it to another type of bass. Does anyone know of a solution to this? Thank you
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Havian Manual Bass Reply with quote

brs wrote:
I notice some things when I select Man/Bass (Manual Bass). It uses an acoustic bass in very low register, without any visible way to change the octave register; it does not appear anywhere on the screen as one of the 4 voices so that you can change it to another type of bass. Does anyone know of a solution to this? Thank you

Yes, there is a way, but it's a moot point now?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appreciate knowing what you've found just in case Korg comes through with a work around on the other issue. I sent them an email but it will take days to get a reply as they no longer accept phone calls for tech matters.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
I would appreciate knowing what you've found just in case Korg comes through with a work around on the other issue. I sent them an email but it will take days to get a reply as they no longer accept phone calls for tech matters.

Press Mixer on the LCD screen while in Style mode

Press Track Select until you see the DRUM - PERC - BASS etc screen

Now press the Tuning tab at bottom of LCD screen

The second row of knobs is the octave adjust ...

Adjust the octave setting for BASS to you liking.

You can now save the style to Songbook. - Note: the MAN BASS setting is not saved in Songbook, you need to punch that up manually.

NOW! Wink

You can apply what you have learned here to solve your other issue.

What if you turned off (use the Mute button on the Mixer page) the DRUM PERC BASS as needed and set the style LOWER to the desired acoustic bass. That would allow you to play bass in the left hand with the damper control you want without needing to use Manual Bass. Set it all up and then save to Songbook.

Have fun!

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly appreciate your information and assistance. This is so helpful. The only negative remaining is the output not being the way I need it. Do you think perhaps Korg could eventually resolve that with an O.S. update, is that something you could be remedied with an update? Or is it possible there is something we both are not seeing and that a way does exist to configure the output so the internal speakers will continue to function?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Truly appreciate your information and assistance. This is so helpful. The only negative remaining is the output not being the way I need it. Do you think perhaps Korg could eventually resolve that with an O.S. update, is that something you could be remedied with an update? Or is it possible there is something we both are not seeing and that a way does exist to configure the output so the internal speakers will continue to function?

Unfortunately the the headphone output jack has a physical switch that disables the speakers. You would have to add another output (as I mentioned in another post) or disable the speaker mute function at the headphone output jack. Either choice is trivial to do for a qualified tech.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a look at how easy it would be to do what you want to do ...

The added red wires would prevent the speakers from being muted when a plug is inserted.

Johann Sebastian Bach

brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed something: why am I not seeing a separate volume control for the drums; rhythm? Hope this is a dumb question.
brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't see this diagram before sending the question about the drum volume. This is great. Thanks for all of this. I am looking at this more positively as a result.
brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you see my question re: Volume control for the Rhythm, drums. Why am I not seeing this?
brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found my answer to the separate volume. It is tucked away in the Global Mode Preference. Sure wish it was on the same pg as the other volume controls so wouldn't have to switch between two pages.
RayDF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus: I don't mean to sound disrespectful at all with the following question but is this how the Havian 30's headphone connector actually works? (That is, with a mechanical device that disconnects the main speakers.) In other instruments I know (Yamaha, specifically), this is done with a little integrated circuit that mutes the output to the speakers.

I will very much appreciate your reply on this (if it's a mechanical device, then it's a relatively "simple" mod.)

THANKS!

Thoraldus wrote:

[Big diagram image not reproduced here.]

The added red wires would prevent the speakers from being muted when a plug is inserted.

Korg Havian 30
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayDF wrote:
Thoraldus: I don't mean to sound disrespectful at all with the following question but is this how the Havian 30's headphone connector actually works? (That is, with a mechanical device that disconnects the main speakers.) In other instruments I know (Yamaha, specifically), this is done with a little integrated circuit that mutes the output to the speakers.

I will very much appreciate your reply on this (if it's a mechanical device, then it's a relatively "simple" mod.)

THANKS!

Thoraldus wrote:

[Big diagram image not reproduced here.]

I'm about 99% sure it's mechanical. As a logical (electrical) speaker on-off is not supported when the headphone output is used it would be a waste of money to do anything else. I don't think KORG envisioned the Havian being used outside the home. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

lazlonger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the SAME question about bass volume and will go try it out. If you don't hear back from me here it worked and a HUGE THANK YOU.
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone successfully used the above approach to get the speakers to stay on when plugging into the headphone/audio output?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: