Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES2 + Waldorf blofeld
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aw-bs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
I also use Electribe2 and Blofeld in Multi-Mode.
If I have 3 or 4 sounds playing from Blofeld simultaneously -> connected to Audio In
the Signal (Pad-Sound) will be influenced by percussice signals (Bass-Sound).

When I connect the Blofeld and Electribe to mixer separately I do not have this effect.

What are your experiances?

Greetings,
Cool
Telengard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loudest wrote:
Poumtschak wrote:
In the meantime, think I'm gonna invest in a Miditech MIDI Thru 4 / Filter, to avoid the need of a computer in the loop.

...for the CC correspondence issue between the blofeld and the electribe I think something like that is more appropriate:
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

I plan to buy one and remap all the CC sent by the knobs of the electribe to correspond with the Blofeld's ones
So I could control my Blofeld from the electribe! Very Happy
(and no more accidental knob turn who changes an unwanted parameter on the Blofeld)

I thought to build something like that with an arduino...cheaper solution! but I don't have a lot of time for that....
plus, this one is self-powered (through MIDI) autonomous..I don't know how to do that with an arduino..

You can also use an iPhone or iPad with either Midiflow or Midibridge and a CCK. Those apps allow you to remap anything to anything else or filter out events.

I have one of the MIDI Solutions Event Processor Plus devices and it works great, but it isn't as flexible to quickly set up or change on the fly as an iOS device with one of the apps.
NON

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I also have a Blofeld and also a Micro Q.
I did test my E2 to control the MicroQ. But I did not get anything to work Sad
I tried Novation BSII with no better results. I did not get the MIDI to work !?
The next attempt I connected up the E2 through USB up to Cubase 8.5.
First responded Cubase completely random in relation to the pand and the key I did play on. When I pressed a few buttons on the E2 the MIDI did started to respond to respective pads/key that I played on.

I intend to follow up this link http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101222 and plan to test new 3.5-DIN connectors. If that doesn't work, I will return the E2.
Crying or Very sad
NON

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have followed up my MIDI problems.
It was the two MIDI connectors.
Anyway, I like the Electribe 2 now that I have got it to work Very Happy
Fablo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: BLOFELD+KORG SAMPLER I have them Reply with quote

BLOFELD+KORG SAMPLER I have them but cannot understand how to sequence my blofeld thru it.

Can be there just a way: how to set the Blofeld and how to set the Electribe?
and after, how to set it in ti the patterns?
brisket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my Electribe 2S and Blofeld working together quite well now.
I have a template on the Electribe with no sample loaded on the first 8 tracks (audio in); and a Multi in the Blofeld that's set to receive MIDI only for the first eight tracks. So I use the top eight ET pads for bass and synths, and the bottom eight for percussion. I've had no problems using it to sequence MIDI parts for the Blo, just as I would for internal samples.

Initially I had the problem that when I changed patterns in the Electribe the Multi or patch in the Blofeld would change too; messing about with the MIDI settings in the Blo seems to have fixed that.

I run the Electribe and Blofeld into separate channels on a mixer; I don't see much point running the Blofeld back into the Electribe given the filters etc. in the Blo are superior.

Oh: and I can use the volume knob on the ET to control the volume of a given track on a Multi! Very handy. It's almost doing everything I want now!
DouggieChimes

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brisket, this is exactly what I am attempting to achieve with my new blofeld. I can't find any documentation explaining how to create and save custom multi sets. Can you explain how you were able to do this? It'd be so appreciated.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DouggieChimes wrote:
brisket, this is exactly what I am attempting to achieve with my new blofeld. I can't find any documentation explaining how to create and save custom multi sets. Can you explain how you were able to do this? It'd be so appreciated.

From page 24 of the user's manual you can read how to create your custom set. To save it press Shift + Utility and follow the same steps to store a program (it was written on page 23).
DouggieChimes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the blofeld and the electribe because I thought that setting them up with each other would be relatively easy. How foolish of me.

No matter what the midi and global settings I try on each device, I continue to have the following conditions:

- in omni mode (as waldorf support suggested), all the voices are sounding at once, making it problematic to isolate parts and patches. So I went back to specific midi channel settings.
- with a specific midi channel designated, I can see the midi triggering the light on the electribe, and hear the synth sound, but the part does not record. I can get part 1 to record, but no other parts are recording, even when I switch the active midi channels to 2, 3, 4 etc.
- when I change patches on the blofeld, it changes the pattern I am working on on the electribe.

The overall effect is quite chaotic.

I know that I should be switching the Blofeld local control, control send and receive, and program send settings, and I have tried every combination of all of the above. But one or more of the listed conditions always prevails.

Is there something on the Electribe settings that I have missed to make it not record the sent notes? Has anybody else solved this workflow?
Sulfur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting them up together has been pretty straightforward to me. Forget the omini mode. Every Blofeld part need to be set to a specific channel and you can even set more parts to the same one to layer different sounds. Just choose the MIDI channel corresponding to the Electribe part that you want to sequence your Blofeld sound(s).

I don't quite get what you mean with the second point. The sequence need to be recorded on the electribe in the usual ways (sequence mode + step edit/rec and play + trigger mode or keyboard mode) as if you want to play an internal sound, but, if you don't want to hear this, just put OSC to Audio in. If you can't hear the Blofeld check that you have no filters on sending messages on the Electribe settings.

How could your Blofeld change your Electribe patterns? It only has MIDI input. Maybe you meant the opposite. In that case you need to set the Blofeld to not receive program change messages. I can't look my settings now but basically look in the filter settings on the Blofeld and/or put the Electribe global midi channel and the Blofeld one to different values. I'll check my settings later to be more precise.
DouggieChimes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some progress. This is what I've figured out:

- The Electribe 2 will record my midi notes only after I have initialized a new pattern (not in the pre-existing patterns I've tried).

- Blofeld Program send, control send, control receive set to OFF

- Blofeld Global Midi Channel needs to be manually changed to whichever Part/Channel I am working in on the Electribe

The Blofeld was changing the Electribe patterns through "program" and "control" sends.
Sulfur

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DouggieChimes wrote:
I've had some progress. This is what I've figured out:

- The Electribe 2 will record my midi notes only after I have initialized a new pattern (not in the pre-existing patterns I've tried).

- Blofeld Program send, control send, control receive set to OFF

- Blofeld Global Midi Channel needs to be manually changed to whichever Part/Channel I am working in on the Electribe

The Blofeld was changing the Electribe patterns through "program" and "control" sends.

- In this case I think you've just encountered the "record bug" that suddenly affects some patterns for unknown reasons and makes you unable to record new sequences on it. You can still insert them in Sequencer mode but they just won't play. It usually happened to me on very busy patterns but has nothing to do with external gear. You could try to copy the affected pattern to another slot and it should work again.

- Which type of Blofeld is yours? Keyboard or desktop? And how do you connect it to the Electribe? Direct midi or USB (with something in between)?

- Yes if you are in basic mode, but no if you are in multi mode. In multi mode every part has its own MIDI channel assigned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: