Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

REFERENCE MONITORS!!!! URGENT!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which ones?
Rockit 5's!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
BX5a's!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

jojo

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: REFERENCE MONITORS!!!! URGENT!! Reply with quote

Alright guys! I just bought some KRK Systems Rockit RP-5's for 200 bucks even (brand new!)

I was debating between those and a pair of M-Audio BX5a's for 197 dollars even.

The M-Audio's have liquid cooling and so on. Kevlar cone, silk tweeter, rear bass port, etc.

The KRK's have neodynium drivers, etc.

So before this place closes (one day sale), I need to know if I made the right choice here. I was told the KRK's have a much cleaner sound (and I know they have a thicker low end) but the M-Audio's sound great too! I'm not sure what to do here. They close @ 5 CDT.

I know a lot of prominent people use the BX5a's (such as BT), but I also know M-Audio goes to town sponsoring people.

What are your thoughts?

"How do you spell a good instrument? K O R G!"
pillbug

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the BX5a (pair) for monitoring my Triton Extreme and also use them for mastering Reason and 8-track digital recordings. They sound OK. I can't compare them directly to the KRKs but I think they are both good speakers, both within the same class (price/quality). Most advice I have read is that you should spend as much as you can on monitors, then save and spend a bit more than that. It makes sense. The BX5a are pretty acurate as far as helping me create good masters, though if I could do it again I'd probably spend like $600 for monitors and use the BX5a just for the TE. KRK's larger speakers are supposed to be really good too. Guitar Center uses mostly BX5a in store, which is why I bought them, but I think their mid & highs are boosted a little, and they don't have the bass response you'd get with, say, 8" monitors. But on the other hand, you can add a sub to them later if you want. Hope that helps. Let us know what you decided to do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: