Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POLL: **THE OASYS SEQUENCER** and "Updates"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is The Sequencer in **NEED** of an update/Overhaul?
1. Definitley YES - Vital in fact for music "flow"
52%
 52%  [ 37 ]
2. Yes but not actually "Vital" - but still important, however
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
3. Yes, but in "korgs" own time - no real rush
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
4. No, EXi's/EXF etc are more important to me
23%
 23%  [ 17 ]
5.I use external Sequencer, so definitly no
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 71

nightowl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the sequencer is good but piano-roll editing absolutely must be implemented. That beautiful 10.4" screen is being wasted.

This is a nearly 9 year old sequencing program from the Triton Classic and I can't for the life of me think of one thing that's different from the OASYS's sequencer and the Triton's. Of course there are many enhancements to SEQ "mode" but not to the way MIDI notes are edited and manipulated. The Track Edit page is exactly the same except for some color.

I understand that Korg didn't want to depart from the Triton so that Triton users could hit the ground running with their new OASYS which I'm sure we all did. But the old Triton sequencer was designed for a much smaller screen. The screen on the OASYS is being wasted on the old sequencer and it should be utilized.

The OASYS may actually have the opportunity to blow away the work-flow of any sequencer out there (DAW or hardware) because it's screen is not only large enough for DAW-like graphic editing, but it's also a Touch-screen. Imagine using ProTools or Sonar with a Touch-screen!

I'm sure the folks at Korg have already thought of this and a zillion other things to make the sequencer on the OASYS better. Please Korg...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: