Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Karma: Drum+Bass GE, GE-RTP description Reply with quote

More Karma-questions:

1. When recording the traditional way (= playing the drums and playing the bass line fitting to the rhythm) I always have rhythmic patterns complementing each other. Now working with Karma is there something like a list of Bass and Drums GEs fitting nicely together?

2. Quite a few Bass GEs seem to make the Bass sound damp. Like the volume being turned down. I know I can change that using duration etc. - but I suppose that was not the original idea of the GE. Is this due to having chosen the wrong Program for this GE. If so, is there a list of suggested Programs for chosen GEs?

3. Where can I find a description of what a specific GE-RTP actually does? Some are self-explaining (like swing-factor) - but many seem to be a mystery (to me). Embarassed

Thanks for any help! Very Happy
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is taken from Mr Kay's wonderful website. This is good stuff!
http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=205d256f3ed793ddb86d275445628f26&threadid=8823

PDF File, sorted by GE Category:
OASYS Expanded GE Parameter List, by Category

PDF File, sorted by RTC Model instead of GE Category:
OASYS Expanded GE Parameter List, by RTC Model

You can also download both of the above files, along with the Excel spreadsheets they are
based on, in the following file:

OASYS-GEListNew.zip

You can then sort the spreadsheets however you want - you could sort by the Time Signature columns,
for example, finding all those GEs in 7/8 or something.
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the lists. They are usefull for having a list of all GEs like in the Parameter Guide and include some infos regarding time-signatures of differen GEs - but I have to admit I cannot see how this answers my questions. Embarassed
jazlover
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was early this morning when I read your question and it was even earlier in my head.

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1fc1747c286d462923d308264acebfc9&threadid=10114 :gives a list of GE types specific to Oasys: example (Bend, Repeats, Note Series, etc).

http://www.karma-lab.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1fc1747c286d462923d308264acebfc9&threadid=7707 :give basic types of GE categories.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. It is all form Stephen's wonderful Karma Tutorial section.
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more time thank you and I can use all this info well - but what I was looking for in question 1 was something like: "If you choose Drum GE #15 the Bass GE #27 and 34 will fit perfectly to it - but if you want you can try #72 and #16 of the Bass GEs as well"

Question 2 is IMHO related to this issue. If you have finally found a Bass GE fitting well to a Drum GE rhythmically spoken it sometimes does not at all regarding its sound. It is damped so much by the GE you hardly can hear the Bass without turning the Drum volume down.

Question 3 is related to 2: how can I learn which GE-RTP causes a former "loud" Bass to sound like comming out of reinforced concrete cube with 25 cm thick walls! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: