Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kraft....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Kraft.... Reply with quote

Friends,

here is a little tune that I made today. Its inspired by Kraftwerk as you'll probably recognize. I've been listening to their music quite a lot this week Sounds Good .

I uploaded two versions; apart from the usual mp3 file ( http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5528171&q=hi )

there is now also a youtube "videoclip" Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D2hTUoVPc8

I hope you'll like it!

sewa
R34pz

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this sewa, i've always been a big fan of Kraftwerk,Jarre,Vangelis,Tangerine Dream etc so this is right up my street. Some great analog sounds in there too.
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very glad to hear that!

Thanks for listening Smile

sewa
keyz_06

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sewa,
Although I am not a big enough fan of this style of music to be real objective, I think I know when something is good and this is a nice tune. I can definitely hear this cranking out in some dance club's mix. The production value was spot on. I think you captured the spirit of the genre.

Well done!!
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is particularly nice to hear words like this from people who are not really into that kind of music. It indicates that my tune really isn't boring to listen to.

Thanks!

sewa
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea sewa

If I were going for the Krafwerk vibe I might strip off most processing save delay and reverb. I'm a huge KW fan and have always loved the purity of the tones they created mainly with analog gear. it's pretty rare to hear chorusing or other forms of doubling in a Kraftwerk tune. Slow phase shifts, okay, but if I were doing a tribute to my robot masters I would try to be a bit more faithful to the technology that defined their sound.

Please, I'm not knocking your approach, you're giving it a fresh new approach with some pretty cool new tools, so why not exploit your resources since you have them. Man, you could go much further by introducing arpeggiation, real time tone control etc, but even as it stands you'd have the dance floor up for sure.
sewa
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound processing aside, I agree that one could go much further with this tune. Its a general promlem that I've encountered - my musical abilities reached a certain limit and I will go no further on my own.

For this reasons I have taken up piano/music theory lessons. Its time to approach the subject in a more systematic way.

Thanks for comments Smile

sewa
DrWho
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sewa,

Hee hee - another killer groove - made me dance around the room Smile

The video was cool too Cool

Cheers,

={> Art
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Promote Your Music Online All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: