Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arranging My Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cleaton_666

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Arranging My Sounds Reply with quote

Hey guys does anyone know how to re-arrange the sound on the trinity. i have a switch pedal and wish to switch quickly from one sound to another without goin through all the other sounds. if not, is there a way to make my OWN custom bank and put al the sounds i want on it? and save them on floppy disk or something?

appreciate your time!

Jamie
Bazz02

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just select the sound you want press Edit at the top right hand of the screen touch Prog Basic a menu appears touch Write To and then select
where you want to save it.Dont forget you are saving over a prg so it will be lost.
So if you use Bank A 00 to 15 these will have all the sounds you use.
Dont forget to backup PCG to disk before you start

Bazz
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Arranging My Sounds Reply with quote

cleaton_666 wrote:
Hey guys does anyone know how to re-arrange the sound on the trinity. i have a switch pedal and wish to switch quickly from one sound to another without goin through all the other sounds. if not, is there a way to make my OWN custom bank and put al the sounds i want on it? and save them on floppy disk or something?

appreciate your time!

Jamie

Yep thats how I did it too. What I did, was to make sure I have the most used sounds available at a click of a button. So I enables 10's in the upper right hand drop down menu. That way, when I press 1 or 2 or even 9 or Zero, I can go to the patch right away.

I have mine setup up where Zero is my main patch, like dark pad.. I can always count on that one for soft passages. Between 1-3 I have Voices, like sparkling voices, and other voices type sounds, between 4-6 I have Organs, like BX3, Jazz 2 and Jazz 3 organs, 7-9 I have Dual String patch, Octave Strings, and last but not least Phat bone, or something like that. This is a really fat sounding Pad, and really shines on fast songs.

Hope this helps you my friend. I use Combinations on most of my songs. I prefer that because I can always layer sounds from the MOSS board along with anyother sounds in the PBS board and internal ROM.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Rutger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Arranging My Sounds Reply with quote

Another way to arrange your sounds for quick access, is to create songs in the sequencer, with each song holding nothing more than the patch number and other parameter settings for a particular song (don't forget to copy filter settings as well).
You can store up to 20 songs including song titles there. On stage, you keep the song choosing screen up, and the only thing you have to do is tap the song title to have all parameters set correctly. Works great as long as you don't have sets of more than 20 songs. Especially if your band tends to stray every once in a while from the fixed order of songs during a set.
Rgds,
Rutger
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Arranging My Sounds Reply with quote

Rutger wrote:
Another way to arrange your sounds for quick access, is to create songs in the sequencer, with each song holding nothing more than the patch number and other parameter settings for a particular song (don't forget to copy filter settings as well).
You can store up to 20 songs including song titles there. On stage, you keep the song choosing screen up, and the only thing you have to do is tap the song title to have all parameters set correctly. Works great as long as you don't have sets of more than 20 songs. Especially if your band tends to stray every once in a while from the fixed order of songs during a set.
Rgds,
Rutger

wow, this is a good one, i never thought of that one. But what is the advantage of having it this way?
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Rutger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Arranging My Sounds Reply with quote

MusiKman wrote:

wow, this is a good one, i never thought of that one. But what is the advantage of having it this way?

Advantages are mostly on stage:
- you don't have to move your sounds to odd places just to be able to get the right one when you hit the footswitch on stage. At home, you will have no trouble finding your sounds where you're used to have them.
- you can even program your footswitch to have it select the next song (and override accidental hits by tapping the screen)
- you can have a SNG file on your floppy disk for each set, the only thing you have to do between sets is load it into the sequencer and everything is arranged for you
- if you don't have a fixed set order, or decide to play encores, the only thing you have to do to have all parameters set correctly for a particular song is tap its title in the list on your screen. You don't have to remember patch/combi numbers or names. This provides for foolproof fast switching between songs, without the risk of accidentally playing a tender strings part using Stadium Guitar. Alien ChitChat or whatever. Or starting that roaring solo on a Shamisen...

A drawback is that it will cost you quite a bit of programming. But success lies in good preparation!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: