Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 Tutorial Instruction DVD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: M3 Tutorial Instruction DVD Reply with quote

Hello, I just ordered an instruction video from Sudosonic on Ebay for the M3.. 5 hours of lessons. Its a little pricey..Has anyone else used this?? I see he also has them for Triton and others.. Just curious about the quality etc.... and has anyone else bought their DVDs?
Thanks Sparkie
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just got my M3 for Dummies Dvds . I had a chance to briefly look over the DVDs and I must say I thought they are a little pricey at $69..but well worth it for me. The video shows both M3 control surface and on screen menus, looks very simple and easy to follow and understand. The menus are user friendly to select and categorized into different subjects of about 5 minutes each. Glad someone made these available!! So far ..very satisfied.
Sparkie
cowtothesky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Now post it on the internet. Smile Just kidding

I'm a sucker for these type of videos. Even if I learn a few little shortcuts, it's well worth the $$.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowtothesky wrote:
Cool. Now post it on the internet. Smile Just kidding

I'm a sucker for these type of videos. Even if I learn a few little shortcuts, it's well worth the $$.

I understand the "sucker" scenario completely. Laughing Actually reading the manual is a pain in the butt compared to a video.. plus I can understand a video much easier.
Sparkie
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul Duffey is the creator of Sudosonic and is a long-time Triton owner.

I have a few of his products, and they are pretty good. They don't really cover anything that is not in the manual, but most people don't actually read the manuals! Smile

In general, most all training videos are worth the money, since they can easily be compared to a few hours of private instruction (which would easily cost $30 an hour).
muziksculp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there other DVD tutorial sets for the M3, besides the one from Sudosonic ?

I would like to see more on offer, i.e. Indepth editing, and general use tutorials for the M3. It has been out for long enough to see some new DVD tutorials, I did a google search on it, but did not find much out there.

Will ths change soon ? I would love to see a well put together DVD instruction set for the M3 that covers all aspects of the M3.

Video tutorials that cover... Sound design and editing, sequencing, Karma 2, Sampling, workflow, computer integrartion, Live performance, X-Y motion pad, Exb-Radias programming, ...etc.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muziksculp wrote:

I would like to see more on offer, i.e. Indepth editing, and general use tutorials for the M3. It has been out for long enough to see some new DVD tutorials, I did a google search on it, but did not find much out there.

Will ths change soon ? I would love to see a well put together DVD instruction set for the M3 that covers all aspects of the M3.

Video tutorials that cover... Sound design and editing, sequencing, Karma 2, Sampling, workflow, computer integrartion, Live performance, X-Y motion pad, Exb-Radias programming, ...etc.

More on Offer? Is there something wrong with the Sudosonic ones or something?? I believe everything you mention is covered on the Sudosonic set I have..it is 5 hours..what more could you ask for?
Sparkie
muziksculp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkie wrote:
muziksculp wrote:

More on Offer? Is there something wrong with the Sudosonic ones or something?? I believe everything you mention is covered on the Sudosonic set I have..it is 5 hours..what more could you ask for?
Sparkie

Hi Sparkie,

No nothing is wrong with sudosonic, I never said that something is wrong ! My question was very clear, basically I was interested in knowing if I have other choices to choose from, but for now it seems like my choices are limited to one product, so not much to choose from.

As far as sudosonic's M3 DVD tutorials, I have not heard much feedback from users of this tutorial set, so it would be quite helpful to hear some feedback regarding how other users like it so far, does it have any interesting tips to offer, do they cover all aspects of the M3 functions, how deep are the tutuorials, production quality, can you play the DVDs on a standard DVD player (not just computer), ...etc.

So, how satisfied are you with the Sudosonic Tutorials ?

Thanks.
sparkie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good.. I have heard about 2 hours so far. I am pleased with the production..better than I expected actually.. and yes it plays on my DVD player also.
Porteous

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the 3 DVDs and have only made it through the first one and half of the second, but it is definatly worth the money. I have little patience for the Korg users guide, and I found every thing I needed to know in the DVD. Plus, I like Paul's down-home southern accent. Seems like he should be training me to use farm equipment.
pjblues

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: I Love DVD Instructional Videos Reply with quote

Not really being a keyboard player I really need the DVDs. Hey, I am thinking of buying the M3 this weekend. I tried it out and it is fabulous. I also own a new Fantom X6. I guess without prejudice, is the M3 all around a better keyboard?

Not being a real player I rely on being able to program sounds and use patches, kits, etc...

I also own a new Radias and I will be selling it for the M3.

Thanks for any advice.
altuggunal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey where can ve order that dvds?are there only one dvds?
Porteous

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 3 DVD set...
http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-42/Korg-M3-Video-Tutorial/Detail
piggy915

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope someone can release a pdf (e-book) like :

Power Korg M3 which is similar to Power Sonar / Cubase etc ...
The book shows the users from basic usage to advance usage.
Explain each functions/features/sliders/buttons what they are and
how they work etc ...

Or.

M3 Tweak Like V-Tweak (V-synth Tweak book). Which is
used to teach the user how to create prg and comb. and
explain the tech. terms as well.
mojoehand

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUDOSONIC IS FROM THE DIRTY DIRTY, THE DIRTY SOUTH HOW

PORTEOUS? LOL LAFF, HE SHOULD BE GOOD, MOST OF THOSE FARM GUYS MAKE GOOD HANDS ON TEACHERS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: