Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 played with XS keyboard... another planet!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jazzman1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hugo wrote:
If the XS keyboard is anything like the ES, it sucks. My V-Synth on the other hand, is awesome, best I've ever played.

The Keyboard on the ES feels like the the Triton series to me so do they suck as well?
bkboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its your opininion and what you smoke (weed, cigarettes, cocaine, hashish, hookah) that gives you a feeling as to which is better.

i for one doesn't smoke at all and i know for a fact that yamaha build quality including the keybed is way better than the m3.
XVampireX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thing 'everything is better than M3' is driving me insane...

I've tried the keyboard in the store and to be honest, it's solid... It's really great feeling. Though I'm talking about the 88 version. And I'm getting it soon....

I've heard the Motif XS sounds and M3 sounds in youtube and google video, and they don't give any justice to at least the sounds that come out of M3, I haven't tried the Motif XS yet as I don't know which chain store works with Yamaha synthesizers here in Israel. But I've heard Stevie Wonder play the Motif XS and that Bert guy and the the sounds it has... well they are good, really, I have no complaints. But In my opinion, they are not as good as M3, especially if what I hear is true (That you can reprogram the sounds of your M3 and make them even better), not to mention everything else that M3 has, it's clearly a winner. And lets not forget the expansions that are coming for the M3... Although clearly, the Oasys far exceeds anything.

That's just my opinion and take it with a grain of salt.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkboy wrote:
its your opininion and what you smoke (weed, cigarettes, cocaine, hashish, hookah) that gives you a feeling as to which is better.

i for one doesn't smoke at all and i know for a fact that yamaha build quality including the keybed is way better than the m3.

only way better ?

What happened to your lack of enthusiasm for the M3 ?
bkboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, i am not here to make smart comments. just honest comments that's all. as i've said always, korg has lovely modern progressive electronic sounds and strings/organs etc compared to yamaha motif xs (naturals and vintage analog go to yamaha all the way). i am only disappointed with the build quality and the childish looks of m3. the brain of the m3 is very superior, no doubt.
XVampireX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like people are enjoying their 73/88 key versions but not much the 61 key versions, so maybe that's a problem...

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. That's a famous proverb, it means that what you don't like others do like, so if looks are the only thing that is important to you, don't get the M3. But keep in mind that others find the M3 well designed and they don't care much about it any more...

As for the sounds you're forgetting the piano sounds, I've heard how the piano sounds, and it's really amazing... Anyways, I think generally the sounds of M3 are beautiful, they are mostly natural.

Just my 2cents...
jazzman1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XVampireX wrote:
Well looks like people are enjoying their 73/88 key versions but not much the 61 key versions, so maybe that's a problem...

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder. That's a famous proverb, it means that what you don't like others do like, so if looks are the only thing that is important to you, don't get the M3. But keep in mind that others find the M3 well designed and they don't care much about it any more...

As for the sounds you're forgetting the piano sounds, I've heard how the piano sounds, and it's really amazing... Anyways, I think generally the sounds of M3 are beautiful, they are mostly natural.

Just my 2cents...

I dont think looks are the only thing for anybody but it does count. I dont see anything wrong with his comments. One reason being, before I knew the M3 exited I went to Guitar Center to buy an interface for my laptop. When I went into the Pro section and saw the (what I know now is the M3) It looked so cheap to me that I had to ask the sells person what the deal was. I didnt know it was the new flagship Korg. The big white buttons alone look toyish to me. Now it may be built like a tank as far as I know but it just doesnt look that way. Now when I played it it was outstanding. I love he fact that Korg does take things to new heights.

Last edited by jazzman1 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
lcmorley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XVampireX wrote:

If people don't like the 61 key, people do not have to stick with the 61 key.

Just buy the 73 or 88 key keybed instead. That is what the komponent system was designed for after all!

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
XVampireX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't have a problem with the 61 keybed because I don't have it, I'm getting the 88 version...
lcmorley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have the 61 key version, but will probably be upgrading to the 76 key version when I have the funds to allow it.

I must admit that I do share everybodies views on here. I love the sound from the M3, but the build quality of the buttons in partcular is bad especially when you compare it to the Triton range. That said however, I am sure that Korg put the unit through a rigorous testing program prior to release, otherwise they will have a lot of unhappy customers on their hands!

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
synthdogg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkboy wrote:
dude, i am not here to make smart comments.

No response
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkboy wrote:
dude, i am not here to make smart comments. .

classic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: