Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real time volume pedal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
korgineyez

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:32 am    Post subject: Real time volume pedal Reply with quote

When recording I'd like to be able to use the volume pedal. If someone can point it out in the manual or, how to ask correctly to search the forum or, briefly explain I would be exceedingly grateful. Thank you all...Brant
Troy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it you're having trouble with? Also, what kind of pedal are you using and where are you plugging it in?

Troy
korgineyez

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamaha pedal plugged into assignable pedal. I've got a part in a song where I have the pedal at zero volume and strike a chord. I then push down on the pedal to bring up the sound. Like when a guitar player has his pinky on the volume knob of the guitar. He turns the volume off, strums a chord and slowly turns up the volume. In my case, the sound comes up without the "striking" of the keys.

When recording, the volume pedal has no effect and for the life of me I'm at a loss on where to find out how to to it. Thanks for the inquiry.
Troy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a Yamaha, plugged into the [Assignable] Pedal jack and it works fine for volume. No setting needed. That's the right one.

Since yours isn't working, maybe there's a global setting that needs fixing. I'll look and see if I can find anything.

Also, you can do the same thing I'm doing. Just download the manuals from the Korg.com site and use Acrobat's search feature. I find this a much better way to use the manuals...at least for me.

[later] Look on page 90 of the Operations Guide. Once you get it set so it works, remember to save your Global settings by using the drop-down at the top of the window were you set the pedal function.

Troy
korgineyez

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Troy. 1st chance I get tomorrow I will do that. Need to hit the bed now...thank you.
Fede

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Here's how you do it..... Reply with quote

I'm sorry but I don't have my Triton in front of me right now (it's being fixed).....You have to plug into the jack the says 'PEDAL' , HOWEVER , you do have to make an adjustment in the Global Setting. Go to Global and I believe you have to click on Basic Setup. Once there , skip the first page (where tuning is) and go to the second (where you see the settings for changing the damper or sustaing pedal polarity). Right above (I believe it's the second line) you'll see 'Pedal: OFF'.....Make sure you put the cursor on the 'off' part and scroll until you see Volume. Your pedal should now work like a charm...... Peace,

FEDE
korgineyez

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fede. I've tried that and a few other button combos in global, but the result is still the same. Sorry so long in answering, some family matters arose. Thanks again, I'll keep looking for the answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: