Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What about legacy collection on the M-3??????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just laughing for the answer not for its content!
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Well-i had the Oasys... Reply with quote

ericlevinson wrote:
Well-i had the oasys,not too much sounds...and it broke my back when i took it to play "live"...
The only thing is that i miss the legacy collection-h e l p !!!!!!!!!!
I think i will wait with the M-3,till it get bigger...meanwhile-i bought the KORG TR- great sounds for "waiting" Smile let the M-3 grow!!!!! then we"ll speak... Confused

Honestly i think you are really funny...you think you make sense?
You had OASYS then you went to T3? You are actually telling me
you went back from OASYS to a KIDS TOY if you compare the 2?
By your words i dont really think you ever touched OASYS.
SINA is completely right, sometimes certain facts have to be
straightened out, sometimes we act like kids.
Wach what grow Eric? M3 will grow? Then i should put some dollars
on it, they might grow too. There is some personal tastes and opinions
but dont you think the M3 is the biggest dissapointment by KORG
in the last few years? Do you really think M3 would grow into a FULL
POWERED PR RECORDING STUDIO? KEEP DREAMING!
And actually, what the hell do we expect from an instrument, even the
mighty OASYS? Why we always keep asking for things? You pay around
2500$ for an M3 and thats what you get for that money. Sometimes we
require thing that are really funny and embarassing.
Ask them to put an SSL CHANNEL STRIP inside the M3 or an UAD 6176,
maybe some NEVE EQ...32 track multitrack recording...what else???
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i dont agree with SINA is his comparison of the OASYS with
a COMPUTER, come on bro, even the OASYS is a TOY compared to a PC.
NowaDays you cant compare any SYNTH with a powerfull comp, its just not
phisically, naturally, emotionally, theoretically possibale.
How can you compare a 6GB PIANO to a few hundreds of MB ROM consisting
of thousands of sounds while this is 6GB only on one PIANO sound.
Do i make sense? I guess NO to most of you but i love it when most disagree
and i know i am right... Very Happy
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
rfoshaug

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
GET THE HELL OVER IT!

Oh, and if your SOOOO right, then I just WASTED 8 THOUSAND DOLLARS for NOTHING! GET LOST!

Sina

3d Faint
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's funny to see how many people swear their own setup is THE BEST. I think here we should all use more the word "IMHO" cos I think that in these days no one can understand the difference between subjective and objective anymore... Rolling Eyes
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nedim.

Quote:
The only thing i dont agree with SINA is his comparison of the OASYS with
a COMPUTER, come on bro, even the OASYS is a TOY compared to a PC.

To say the OASYS is a toy compared to the PC is totally unreasonable in my opinion. Sure the PC can do lots of things, but it's by no means the master of all it does.

Quote:
NowaDays you cant compare any SYNTH with a powerfull comp, its just not
phisically, naturally, emotionally, theoretically possibale.

Your only looking at just the “Versatility” aspect though. Sure the PC dominates this area, but it by no means owns the market as a musical instrument.

Can a PC sound like a VL-1 or an A6 ?. Not a chance in hell Smile

Quote:
How can you compare a 6GB PIANO to a few hundreds of MB ROM consisting
of thousands of sounds while this is 6GB only on one PIANO sound.

Size means nothing. I have many sample libraries of all different sizes and each have their strengths and weaknesses. In all my years I've learned that buying a library based on how many GB it is is only a fools game.

I have a program now called Pianoteq, it's only 15MB in size and it would demolish any sample library I've every purchased for piano sounds. Fair enough, this is comparing modeling technology to a sample library. But I'm making this point because the OASYS is not just HD-1. It's also STR-1, AL-1, CX-3, MOD-7 and LAC-1. All of which is unique to the OASYS. Including Legacy since it can interface with the OASYS, and other engines.

Anyway.... my point to all this is....
The PC is a great tool, but it's by no means the master of all it does. There are other options available that far exceed the PC's abilities in area's. So, to dismiss the OASYS as a Toy compared to the PC is nothing short of being unreasonable.

They both have a place side by side in the Studio. The OASYS does not replace the PC.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I BOUGHT MY OASYS BASED ON SOUND QUALITY ALONE!!!!! Everything else AFTER that just skyrocketed as soon as I brought it home. I just wish SO BADLY people would actually SEE the OASYS the way I do, because I can GUARANTEE you, that if people for ONCE in their LIFE actually looked PAST that $8000 price tag and actually SPENT some time with it, they'd see it too! And again, WHAT'S THERE TO SWEAR BY?!

I can say the same for the k series of kurzweil... so what? who is right here? who is wrong? many other people can say the same for their moog, their computer, anything else... so I can't understand why you're trying to convince people that the oasys is THE keyboard... I tried the oasys and no, I don't want it, and not for its price (I'm agree with you that price is a different matter here), cos I would be able to sell many synth from my studio and I could afford an oasys, but no, I simply DON'T NEED it cos I prefer to have DIFFERENT instruments.
So I like the guitar and basses sounds from my motif rack ES (I don't think oasys is able to got such sounds), I like the piano (I like THAT PARTICULAR PIANO not cos it sounds real but becouse it sounds IN THAT WAY) of my k2661 and I like the lead sounds of it too (and I still prefer orchestral sounds from it than on any korg keyboards), I like my Virus B sounds cos with the Oasys you can't even come close to it and yes, I like my triton expecially due to the MOSS board. And yes I do like my mac with Digital performer served by a traveler and a mackie onyx.
So NO I'll never want an oasys in my studio...
regards, Lorenzo
synthdogg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sina172 wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:
it's funny to see how many people swear their own setup is THE BEST. I think here we should all use more the word "IMHO" cos I think that in these days no one can understand the difference between subjective and objective anymore... Rolling Eyes

Lorenzo, what's there to swear by??? People who knock down the OASYS and compares to other instruments and call it a PC (which REALLY threw me over the edge, by the way) are simply NOT spending enough time with it! THAT'S IT! What's there to swear by?! Laughing My own setup is nothing BUT an OASYS, a Yamaha PSR-8000 Arranger and a Triton right now and I'm in the process of buying a couple MORE for the sake of having those extra program banks.

In my 15 years of playing nothing BUT keyboards, I have NEVER not even ONCE seen ANYTHING even CLOSE to the OASYS. Again, what is there to swear by? IT'S ALL ABOUT PRICE THESE DAYS and thats what REALLY GETS TO ME!!!!!! If you are THAT serious in your music and your instruments, you would NOT be held back from a freakin' price tag! You'd do WHATEVER it took to get one in your setup!

If it's got the sounds, and features you need and you walk out of the store because the price "isn't right" and prices are almost the SAME EVERYWHERE you go, then HOW SERIOUS ARE YOU?!

I BOUGHT MY OASYS BASED ON SOUND QUALITY ALONE!!!!! Everything else AFTER that just skyrocketed as soon as I brought it home. I just wish SO BADLY people would actually SEE the OASYS the way I do, because I can GUARANTEE you, that if people for ONCE in their LIFE actually looked PAST that $8000 price tag and actually SPENT some time with it, they'd see it too! And again, WHAT'S THERE TO SWEAR BY?!

I had NO job, NO money and I STILL managed to get an OASYS, because I KNEW since DAY 1 of reading the preliminary specs in 2005 what it was going to do for me and I struggled for two YEARS trying to get one. And now that I have it, it's even MORE apparent now how much CLEARER everything became. I can honestly say after almost 5 months of owning one, that NOTHING comes even CLOSE to the OASYS. The M3 is a TOY, as Nedim said in comparison to an OASYS, and is a BIG disappointment. I'm not getting an M3 until I get a Mac Pro to run logic on it so I can have a fully integrated, no hassle USB KARMA 2 system with the M3 and RADIAS to use in conjunction with the OASYS. That's ALL I want an M3 for.

Sina

Wow man. If I didn't know what the Oasys was...I would swear you were talking about a religion. Twisted Evil
Sina172
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Sina172 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to go OT so I've answered you here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=196990#196990
synthdogg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give your life over to the Oasys. I did...and it's solved all my problems, and now I've dedicated my life to letting everyone know that the Oasys is the one true answer, and if they reject the Oasys they are WRONG and IGNORANT and will never find true happiness!

It's up to me to show them the light! Idea

Yeah....it's eerie, isn't it?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sina172.

Relax Smile
Take a deep breath.

Quote:
And you're IGNORANT!

With over 3000 posts to his name and the respect of a community, Lorenzo is the last person here anyone could call ignorant. I just think you might be missing his point.

He doesn't need the OASYS because he has found the magic sound he needs from other gear. This is a perfectly reasonable answer. Each manufacture has their own sound, and Lorenzo just likes to mix it up a bit by using different instruments.

You know your OASYS sounds nothing like a Yamaha. But... what does that say for the Yamaha sound ?. I don't believe it simply says the OASYS is just better in every way. I think it just says that it's different.

And it's Ok to like different sounds.

Regards.
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: