Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KARMA vs TRITON

View previous topic :: View next topic  
niranjanjaveri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:34 am    Post subject: KARMA vs TRITON Reply with quote

Can some one comment on the defferences between the KARMA and the TRITON(Triton LE to be more specific).Both technical and musical differences will be appreciated.
Also what about the Karma software. can i use it in LE.
Thank you in advance .
regards,
Niranjan

Korg Triton Le,
Korg Pa800
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=228851
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
asdasd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karma has 5 insert effects Triton LE has only 1.

and yes I think you can use the software on LE but I don't know for sure. It might be that you can't.
waytho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: MHO Reply with quote

HI,
I've read in many places that the sounds in KARMA are from the Triton series. I believe the MW KARMA software works on any Triton (check Karm-lab forums on the order page).
Based also on what I've read, the KARMA is a very fragile keyboard. I believe KORG scrimped on the keybed, buttons, knobs, etc in order to get the technology (7 years in the making?) into a product with a do-able price tag. I'm sure I'll be fine as am not hard on keyboards, don't gig, etc.
I only own the KARMA, but it would be good if you could check them out side by side in the store.
Also, the Tritons just have an arpegiator and the KARMA has arp models ("GEs") plus tons more.
Look at the threads in both categories to see what kinds of technical problems people are having with the hardware( Question )
Musically, the KARMA technology is very inspiring!
Wayne
EJ2
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Niranjan,
You could also ask this question over at Karma Lab Forums (KLF). Here is my take and advice.

The Karma is more powerful than the Triton LE for reasons mentioned plus:

LE has Stereo digital multi-effect system-2 master effects (mono in, stereo out), 1 insert effect (stereo in/out), and 1 master EQ (3-band stereo) simultaneously with Number of Effects: 89 (available for insert effects or master effects).
Karma has five Insert effects (stereo in/out), two Master effects (mono in/stereo out) and one Master EQ (three-band stereo) usable simultaneously. 102 insert effects and 89 Master effects are available, with dynamic modulation of selected effects parameters.

The big cruncher is the comparison of LE's arpeggiator section with Karma's GEs. The Karma really outshines the LE here:

LE has Dual Arpeggiators:
221 Patterns – (5 Preset / 216 user),
One Arpeggiator available in Program mode,
Two in Combi/Seq modes

KARMA Generated Effect Specification
• In Program mode, one GE is available.
• In Combination, Sequencer and Song Play modes, up to four GEs can be used simultaneously.
• Generated Effects: 1190 preset (one assignable per Program and up to four per Combination).
• GE parameters: over 400.
• Editable parameters per GE: 16 maximum.
• 16 Generated Effect categories: Basic Arpeggio (33 GEs), Keyboard (140), Bell/Mallet (60), Acoustic Mono (22), Acoustic Poly (146), Ethnic (31), Guitar (73), Bass (83), Synth Bass (44), Synth Mono (42), Synth Poly (126), Pad Motion (77), Sound Effects (33), Gated (27), Drum Pattern (231), Percussion Pattern (22).
• GE types: Generated Riff, Generated Drum, Generated Gated, Real-time.
• 14 GE Parameter Groups: GE, Note Series, Phase, Rhythm, Duration, Index, Cluster, Velocity, CCs, Envelope, Repeat (Melodic Repeat), Bend, Drum, Direct Index.
• Real-time Controls: KARMA On/Off and Latch buttons, KARMA Real-time Control (KRTC) knobs (xCool and buttons (x2), KARMA Chord Trigger buttons (x4) with Assign button, KARMA Tempo knob.

Now, MW will work with Triton LE, BUT at the LE's FX capabilities as noted above. Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Eric

CATALYST v 2 Blast of Inspiration for KRONOS & OASYS: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst2.html
CATALYST v 1 Combi Explosion for KRONOS, OASYS, M3, & K-M50: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/catalyst1.html
CHEMISTRY 3, a Groove Injection for Your Karma: http://www.karma-lab.com/sounds/chem3.html
SoundCloud MP3 Demoshttps://soundcloud.com/ej2-sc
niranjanjaveri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys for all the info.
Wayne I really appreciate your comments and Eric I highly appreciate that you took time to type such detailed mail.
I guess I should take a demo for KArma from a dealer .

Thank you once again guys.......

Regards
Niranjan
Very Happy

Korg Triton Le,
Korg Pa800
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=228851
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tareq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karma is better Wink
Tareq

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but choice is still in your hand Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Karma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: