Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sticky Pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Sticky Pads Reply with quote

Over the past 2 months I've noticed the pads beginning to stick. This can cause a pretty scary sounding Oasys.
I've called support and was told to try some compressed air and a contact spray. Neither seems to be helping and it
appears to be getting worse by the week. I opened up the hood and for sure there is nothing I can do because the pad chassis is completely covered.
My O is in my home studio, smoke free and cared for. Any ideas would be appreciated.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sticky Pads Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Over the past 2 months I've noticed the pads beginning to stick. This can cause a pretty scary sounding Oasys.
I've called support and was told to try some compressed air and a contact spray. Neither seems to be helping and it
appears to be getting worse by the week. I opened up the hood and for sure there is nothing I can do because the pad chassis is completely covered.
My O is in my home studio, smoke free and cared for. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. What are the specific symptoms?

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

When using the pads to play chords, they stay depressed and then pop back up after a few seconds.
Sometimes I have to actually nudge under the pad to release it. I know this sounds odd, but this is what I'm experiencing.
At first I didn't think much of it but it has gotten worse. It's present everyday now and a real nuisance. I'm sure that there are many users
in not so good of atmospheres (Clubs, Bars) playing their Oasys. I know this is probably a first. Probably by now I have the cleanest pads in town.
Any thoughts on what I can do? Thanks.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou wrote:
Hi Dan,

When using the pads to play chords, they stay depressed and then pop back up after a few seconds.
Sometimes I have to actually nudge under the pad to release it. I know this sounds odd, but this is what I'm experiencing.
At first I didn't think much of it but it has gotten worse. It's present everyday now and a real nuisance. I'm sure that there are many users
in not so good of atmospheres (Clubs, Bars) playing their Oasys. I know this is probably a first. Probably by now I have the cleanest pads in town.
Any thoughts on what I can do? Thanks.

Wow, that's bad! I think you should tell support that their suggestions haven't worked, and suggest that it's time to take it to a service center. I'm sorry about that.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Lou
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was afraid of that... I guess it's time. Thanks Dan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: