Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Komponent System - is it a fake?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spinoria

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Korg Komponent System - is it a fake? Reply with quote

I really don't know why the call it komponent system. It doesn't seem like you could purchase any of theese keyboards separately. I think it would have been great to buy the 61-key version now and maybe later buy just the 88-keyboard without the module.
If it was at true komponent system you should be able to buy the komponents separately.
If it was a true komponent system there would of course be a 37-key or 49-key komponent where you could place either the M3-module or some other cheaper module from the korg komponent system (R3R maybe, the Micro M???, the new MS3000 or some other cool module)

The idea is really great but again Korg disappoints me once again with very little or no information at all.
Why should be so hard to explain the vision and a roadmap for the M3 series and the Korg Komponent System.

Korg Corporation information sucks !!!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the komponent system is a fair start. Yes, there is some marketing mixed in but , really, all companies do the marketing shtick

I think you should calm down and realize that Korg, and for that matter, Roland, Yamaha, can't be ' all things to all people '
AntSev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, fake may be a bit harsh. But you have to admit, there is still nothing on the Korg USA website to buy the hardware needed so one can mount the RADIAS-R module next to the M3 module on the 73 and 88 key versions. The pictures have been on the Korg Japan website for months:

http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/M3/other.html

How can that be taking so long?
keego

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I wanted to have an 88 key at home and be able to remove the module and attatch it to a 61 key for gigs. I am now considering getting the Kurzweil PC3X instead. So come on Korg give us some info.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen Korg advertise the Fact that you could buy the Keybed systems seperate,on the Japanese site,its merely just showing you the Combinations of modules you can have on the various keybed sizes

The Komponent sytem concept is merely just Korgs manufacturing practices,they only have to manufacture one machine,in this case the "Module" and then create various size keybeds to suit the buyer,reducing the need to make a seperate Keyboard and Module Version,like say the MS2000

That way they don't end up with a stockpile of keyboard only versions or modules that no-one wants to buy,maybe once the Popularity of the M3 has run its course they'll perhaps have an excess of Keybeds and maybe sell them seperatly like that

surely it would make more Economical sense to buy a Larger keyboard M3 in the first place if you wanted to utilise the Komponent concept,and if you wanted a smaller note version at a later date I would expect that you could buy yourself a half decent second Non Korg controllor for less than what the Price of the Korg system(If they ever do sell them seperatly)

If you go by the Price differences on the Rack and the Keyboard system versions of the Radias,that makes the Radias system keyboard almost £300.You'd certainly get a fully equipped controllor for less with more controls than the Korg beds...
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntSev wrote:
Okay, fake may be a bit harsh. But you have to admit, there is still nothing on the Korg USA website to buy the hardware needed so one can mount the RADIAS-R module next to the M3 module on the 73 and 88 key versions. The pictures have been on the Korg Japan website for months:

http://www.korg.co.jp/Product/Synthesizer/M3/other.html

How can that be taking so long?

It's actually very simple. Things made in Japan get to market sooner, and when they have to be shipped they take longer... finished product gets organized and loaded into containers, containers get put on boats, boats sail across oceans...customs has to inspect containers before they are released, and so on

Smile

OK - I'm being a bit flippant (it is my day off) but that's the basic reason Japan "gets there" first.

We're finishing our policy and availability of the MAL (hinge mechansim) and MAT (tray for affixing the RADIAS to the M3 keybed rail).

Look for full info later this week.

As for the whole Komponent System - I agree that since we first announced the M3 in January and didn't have the details from Korg Inc. until months later there was confusion, and we have apologized for that. I'll do it again - I'm sorry for the confusion.

But we always discussed the KKS concept as how you added and exchanged modules onto existing keybeds. We never wrote Marketing copy about picking the keybed you wanted and then "populating it" with the modules of your choice.

I agree it's a cool concept, but as I have explained previously, the cost of the keybeds as seperate items would be expensive. Especially in today's "how cheap can you buy a controller keyboard" mentality. So it's a difficult scenario.

So look for US info later this week on the moldule-mounting parts, which are now ready to deliver in the US.

Regards,

Jerry
keego

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose your right on the controller keyboard. You can pick up a Roland A90, one of the best controllers EVER! for a few hundred quid.

Previous:
Korg:X5D,Wavestation, N364, Trinity,Triton Classic,Triton Studio, Korg M3 61 w/ EXB-Radias
Ensoniq:TS12, SD1, ASR10
Roland:XP10, JD-800, Roland XV88, A90ex
Kurzweil:K2500RS, K2661, PC3
Nord: Electro 3
Grapite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry,
That's the best news I've heard, please post where and when........
grapite
Psychedelic Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you do the math, they would have to sell the keybeds for WAY more than they're worth. (retail prices)

M3 88: 4000
M3 73: 3500
M3 61: 3000
M3 M: 2375

88 keybed: 1625 'Sad'
73 keybed: 1125
61 keybed: 525

However, in debating my purchase, I really would like an 88 key for the piano action. I need an all in one unit for hauling around in my car. The size and weight of the 88 is just too much for band practice and small gigs. 'Shocked'
Then it occurred to me that the Korg M3 88 was a practical solution. The Komponent system works out great since I can take the module to practice/gigs with either my Roland A50 midi controller or my 61 key Novation midi controller. Only ten pounds to haul, and my controllers are pretty light. 'Very Happy'
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grapite wrote:
Jerry,
grapite

OK - each item lists for only $15 in the US, and are just starting to ship to dealers.

To add a RADIAS-R in place of the M3-M in a 61/73/88-key you just need the MAT.

To add a RADIAS-R in addition to the M3-M in a 73 or 88 you need both the MAT and MAL.

To add a second M3-M to an 88 you need the MAL.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Jerry
Erasedcitizen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Grapite wrote:
Jerry,
grapite

OK - each item lists for only $15 in the US, and are just starting to ship to dealers.

To add a RADIAS-R in place of the M3-M in a 61/73/88-key you just need the MAT.

To add a RADIAS-R in addition to the M3-M in a 73 or 88 you need both the MAT and MAL.

To add a second M3-M to an 88 you need the MAL.

Enjoy.

Regards,

Jerry

Any idea what the prices will be in the Uk as the last time I spoke to a shop about it they said it would cost the equivalent of 100$ if I wanted to attach the Radias Module to my m3.
Grapite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jerry,
What about the cable? does it come with any of those, or is that also extra?
Thanks,
grapite
Jon Lord

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grapite wrote:
Hello Jerry,
What about the cable? does it come with any of those, or is that also extra?
Thanks,
grapite
The extra cable comes in the package when you buy your 73/88

/Jon Lord

Grapite

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The extra cable comes in the package when you buy your 73/88

/Jon Lord

I didn't receive one in the box, so I can only assume that anyone that did got lucky. I'm going to have to hear this from someone at Korg, I have contacted the store that I bought my 73, and was told "To put a RadiasR into an M373 or M388 the customer needs to buy MA-T (mounting Tray) and MA-L (mounting hinges.) The cable comes with the MA-T." Will someone from Korg please let me know if I was supposed to receive a cable with my 73?
Thanks,
grapite

Oasys 76
M3-73
Radias-R
Triton-R\Moss
Hellrider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:

Wau - it's unbelievable - in Germany Korg is selling each item for "only" € 39,-

https://extra.musik-meyer.net/korg/item.do?method=show&artnr=KREXKMAL
https://extra.musik-meyer.net/korg/item.do?method=show&artnr=KREXKMAT

Remember €1 = $1,41. Korg must thinking "krauts are ninnies"! Evil or Very Mad

Sorry to say but this is ridiculous.

Regards
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: