Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading PCG sounds into a Trinity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsfoxy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Loading PCG sounds into a Trinity Reply with quote

Is this easy to do?

I have the basic standard Trinity, not the Plus or V3 etc, just a standard 61 key basic model. I just downloaded a bunch of PCG files from Trinity Haven and am going to put them onto a floppy, but are they easy to load?

Could someone perhaps give me a little instruction on how to do this (I'm a real technophobe lol) please? Really basic step-by-step instructions would be ideal as I'm hopeless with this kind of thing!

Also, by loading these PCG files, will i lose the sounds I already have in my Trinity? Will I damage it by loading these files?

Sorry for the newbie questions guys, any help would be greatly appreciated though

Thanks so much everyone in advance Very Happy

Sean

PS. If anyone has a Hammond Organ effect they could send me that would work on my Trinity, that'd be fantastic! Smile
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sean! Smile

Not to be rude or anything, but the user manual is not used just for packing material. Wink

If you don't have a hard copy of them, you can find them here:

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/page.cfm?pageid=354#Owners%20Manuals

Those three manuals (Basic, Parameter, and Effects) are equally applicable for all Trinity models.

I'd take a look at the Basic or Parameter manual. However, the Parameter manual is more comprehensive with regard to loading and saving PCGs and the Trinity's file structure.

However, in short, to merely load a PCG file, put the PCG files onto the floppy disk, insert the floppy disk into the Trinity, press the DISK button on the left hand side of the Trinity, and this will display the contents of the floppy disk. All the files that end with PCG you can load by selecting one (with your finger on the touchscreen) and selecting LOAD from the top-right of the touchscreen to display a drop-down menu, from which you can select "Load Selected".
Then you can return to PROG mode (via the PROG button on the left of the Trinity) to audition the new sounds.

YES, loading a new PCG will overwrite some (or indeed all) of the Trinity's own banks of sounds. You will definately need to save your current PCG to the disk beforehand if you wish to keep your existing sounds for later use, prior to loading a new PCG into the Trinity. The Parameter manual will show you exactly how to do all this stuff.

Any questions, don't hesitate to post back.

The Trinity is a beautiful synth!

Tímo Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: