Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have sold the M3-73 keybed...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
purveyor2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh, maybe go into the oscillator section of your offending programs and dial down the velocity range for the highest velocity sample. I have programmed a few bass patches on my m3-61 with the highest res sample starting at about 120-122 and can trigger it without difficulty.

For what it's worth, I had a yamaha digital piano (one step below the big daddy) and I couldn't trigger any other modules even over 100. Now that too was a flaw in the programming - big problem being, I couldn't dig in and fix it. So not just a Korg issue.
dorremifasol

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyboard of my Nord Modular G2, is unable to produce velocities above 114. It doesn't even have velocity curves, but it's great, sounds good and does what no other synthesizer can do.

I wouldn't sell it because of the keyboard...
KingJ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: I have sold the M3-73 keybed... Reply with quote

FSX rules! I have an XS6 and a Tyros2, and the FSX keyboard action is by far the best synth action keybd I've ever played. It has excelent response to aftertouch and velocity.

However, it's not the keyboard action that's causing your problem, I can tell you that for sure. It appears to be something to do with the hardware under the keys, and not the keys themselves. I've found that some keyboards, no matter how good their action is, still don't have good velocity response.

I only played the M3-88 in the store, so I don't know what the keyboard action of the 61 and the 73 feels like. I did like the action on the M3-88 better than that on the XS8, because the M3 keys actually feel lighter, and it seems that it would be much easier to play synth leads and arpeggios on the M3-88. The XS8 uses a Balanced Hammer keyboard, while the XS6, XS7, and Tyros2 all use the FSX keyboard. I wonder if the M3-88 has a better velocity response than the M3-61 or the M3-73?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: