Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg M3 Editor VST Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Korg M3 Editor VST Problems Reply with quote

Hi people i bought a new korg m3! last week ! And the m3 vst plugin doesnt work with my ableton live 6! the scan device failed everytime when i start the plug in Ableton !

check the screenshot: http://foren.musik-meyer.net/korg/index.php?t=getfile&id=316&rid=&S=9ca6aaf8b9c18906dc87b401dc009402

After that the german supporter wrote me to start the plug in in standalone mode ! this time it start but i didnt heard any sounds !

http://foren.musik-meyer.net/korg/index.php?t=getfile&id=316&rid=&S=9ca6aaf8b9c18906dc87b401dc009402

My usb cable is 1.8 m long
I updated the M3 with the newest OS 1.04
I installed Windows Version 1.1.1 usb driver
I installed the M3_Editor_win_101.zip editor version
I have Windows XP with the latest service pack 2 and updates

i read the manual 2 times

And i use a M-audio Firewire 1814 http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FireWire1814-main.html

Folks can u help me ?!!!!!!!!!!

Im so sad before i had a extreme 61 and i missed now my baby Crying or Very sad

I only bought the M3 because Korg anounced "Virtualized hardware" in the workstation !

Greets Pras
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest contacting your Korg Country Distributor again for Technical Support:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/list.php?keyword=G

If Musik-Meyer can not fix the problem, they should be able to contact Korg Japan to help fix the problem.

Part of the cost of your M3 goes to pay for Tech Support.

You stated that Korg Germany suggested you run the M3 editor in Standalone mode (i.e. outside of Ableton Live, with Live not running at all). When you say you "heard no sound", I would make sure of the following:
1. are you sure the M3 editor is able to talk with the M3? For example, if you change a bank and patch on the M3 editor, does the M3 keyboard actually change patches?
2. Do you have audio cables connected between the M3 audio outputs and your M-AUdio audio interface? When you play a note on the M3 keyboard (any sound) do you hear the sounds via headphones connected to the M-Audio interface?

I am trying to narrow down the problem, making sure everything is working correctly when the M3 editor is running in standalone mode (I assume that is possible, but I don't own an M3).

There is a possibility that the M3 editor does have a problem with Ableton Live, but Korg Germany certainly would work with Korg Japan to confirm there is a problem.
mackie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin

I called today the korg hotline and they helped me alot !

We checked everythink and the supporter say the problem is on my m3! because the usb port doesnt work well ! i try to get the data with receive all and it doesnt work really! so hey say i can bring that M3 back and i will get a new one!!! Very Happy

so thanks anyway for u help

Pras
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: