Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy Cell Programs don't load in standalone on Intelmac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raoulflutter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Legacy Cell Programs don't load in standalone on Intelmac Reply with quote

Macbook Pro 2,2 GHz OS X 10.1.10

In Ableton I can load a program bank in Legacy Cell.

I have the latest versions of the program.
dave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine here on a Mac Pro in OS X 10.4.10 (which is what I presume you mean by "10.1.10").

Your directory path should be:

<Boot HD>/Applications/KORG/KORG Legacy/

Inside this KORG Legacy folder should be your standalone synths and two other folders – Documentation and Presets. Have you reorganised the contents of the folders or changed this directory path in any way?

Also, since you're on a Mac you're probably using the AU versions. However, you shouldn't trash, move, or rearrange the VST versions inside the KORG folder in your global VST folder since the AUs are just wrappers for the VSTis and won't work without them.

EDIT: Check that your Presets folder permissions are set to allow you to Read & Write as well.

Kind regards.
raoulflutter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've installed exactly the way it should be, and can read and write. I have both the au and vst installed.

But I cannot load programs in Legacy Cell. Banks works just fine.

Try this:
1. Open Legacy Cell standalone.
2. Save the current program.
3. Try to load the saved program.

It works with MS-20/MonoPoly/Polysix.
dave

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I get a "Legacy Cell cannot read this file" alert. My apologies. I misunderstood your problem – I thought you meant that the Legacy Cell wasn't loading its default bank of programs for you.

This is obviously a bug, and a pretty serious one too. Have you reported it to the developers? Hayashi posts on this list (although he hasn't done so for some time now – I get the feeling that he's chained to his desk programming the next addition to the Legacy family).

I never noticed this myself because I work with banks all the time since I find individual program files far too fiddly. Perhaps using banks instead might be a band-aid workaround for you?

Kind regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: