Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radias / R3 Editor incompatible to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard :-(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Radias / R3 Editor incompatible to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard :-( Reply with quote

The Editor doesn't remember any preferences when running under Leopard. Everytime you run the editor you have to select the MIDI ports. I tried editor version 2.0.

Last edited by Thomas A. on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
slammah2012

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens alot with many USB Midi devices....on certain OS's
Windows XP pro can only hold 10 slots for midi/USB in its registry.....
and a slot gets used up twice as fast if you instal the device on both usb
channels.....
I have a Radias/Midi - USB device, a Creamware Midi-USB device, a Yamaha midi over USB device and an Edirol midi-usb device...
Because my Radias Keyboard uses "Radias sound" and "Radias midi in", 2 instances get written to per USB port....All 10 of my slots are taken......
I am always having to change back and forth between which midi devices I want to use with different software........
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Mac OS X 10.4 everything is OK. It's a bug. Beside this, the Radias is my only USB MIDI device.
slammah2012

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas A. wrote:
Under Mac OS X 10.4 everything is OK. It's a bug. Beside this, the Radias is my only USB MIDI device.

Yeah.....frustrating...
Although when I tried installing my Yamaha USB device.... it wouldnt work, ...and I swore up and down on a yamaha forum that I didnt have my quota filled.....and I did everything right....
It turned out that one of my vst Softwares installed a midi matrix(unknown to me)....and Windows filled 7 of the 10 slots up with virtual ports.....I had to clean these manualy from my registry before reinstalling the drivers for the yamaha......
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having that issue with Leopard also. The update worked with no issues, but whenver I restart the editor, it reverts to "Not use MIDI IN device". I change it to Radias Dump In and Radias Dump Out but I don't think that the settings take at all because the Radias just won't communicate with the editor. Luckily I still have a Tiger machine and a PC so I'm sure that I will be able to get it working somewhere. At least the update worked.
slammah2012

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subVert wrote:
I'm having that issue with Leopard also. The update worked with no issues, but whenver I restart the editor, it reverts to "Not use MIDI IN device". I change it to Radias Dump In and Radias Dump Out but I don't think that the settings take at all because the Radias just won't communicate with the editor. Luckily I still have a Tiger machine and a PC so I'm sure that I will be able to get it working somewhere. At least the update worked.

Sorry ...but could you repeat what midi port you are using???
Radias dump in??? Radias Dump out???
You should see Radias Knob as an in and Radias Sound as an out....

do you have the radias keyboard ???
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slammah2012 wrote:
subVert wrote:

Sorry ...but could you repeat what midi port you are using???
Radias dump in??? Radias Dump out???
You should see Radias Knob as an in and Radias Sound as an out....

do you have the radias keyboard ???

I do have the keyboard. I get differnt ports in Leopard than in Tiger. When I go to Audio MIDI setup, the only ports that appear under Leopard are Radias DUMP OUT (internal) and Radias DUMP IN (internal). On my Tiger machine I get MIDI OUT, MIDI IN, SOUND (internal) KBD/KNOB (internal).

Are you working under Leopard?
klangsulfat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here, the Radias editor doesn't remember any preferences (window sizes/positions, MIDI ports, skin colour). Beside this annoying bug, the editor works as expected so far.

BTW: I own the keyboard, did a fresh install of Leopard. Then I installed the Korg USB drivers (1.0.7) and the editor (2.0.0). The drivers are named RADIAS KNOB and RADIAS SOUND (same as before under 10.4).
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

klangsulfat wrote:
Same problem here, the Radias editor doesn't remember any preferences (window sizes/positions, MIDI ports, skin colour). Beside this annoying bug, the editor works as expected so far.

BTW: I own the keyboard, did a fresh install of Leopard. Then I installed the Korg USB drivers (1.0.7) and the editor (2.0.0). The drivers are named RADIAS KNOB and RADIAS SOUND (same as before under 10.4).

Thanks for that info! Now I'm not sure how to fix my Leopard issue. My install is on a brand new 24" imac purchased on the day Leopard came out, so I didn't get a full install Leopard disk, only an upgrade. The machine came with Tiger, I did the update to Leopard and installed the 1.0.7 usb driver and the 2.0.0 editor, but I don't get the Knob and Sound ports but everything worked fine when I moved the USB cable from my new mac to the old one with Tiger.

I haven't really installed any apps on it yet so maybe I'll try to reinstall the OS again... although I'll have to install Tiger first because the upgrade disk checks to see if Tiger is there first.
subVert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I finally solved my weird port issue under Leopard. Reinstalling the USB driver didn't work the first time I tried it, but then I did what I should have done in the first place. I deleted the device from the audio midi window and then reinstalled. The device popped up as Radias #2 with all the proper ports to get the editor working.

So now I'm back to the same place as the original poster. Editor works but doesn't save any preferences.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subVert wrote:
So now I'm back to the same place as the original poster. Editor works but doesn't save any preferences.

Glad to hear not to be alone Wink
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info - we'll check into this.

Regards,

Jerry
Unknown Sound

Location: On a small island just off the coast of an island not to far from Antarctica

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add some confusion to this topic...I upgraded to Leopard and the RADIAS Editor V2 works fine. I.e. Ports are remembered after quitting, rebooting and restarting the app. M3 Editor seems OK too. Actually, the M3 Editor scans all available MIDI ports for the M3 (if I started it after OSX).

_US.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unknown Sound wrote:
Just to add some confusion to this topic...I upgraded to Leopard and the RADIAS Editor V2 works fine. I.e. Ports are remembered after quitting, rebooting and restarting the app.

Installing the new OS over the old OS will not delete the existing Radias editor prefs. But if you make a clean OS install (which means the complete disk content will be deleted) the editor's pref file will deleted and the trouble begins ... Simply change the editor's skin from silver to black (or vice versa), restart the editor and you'll see that the editor will ignore the changed setting.
slammah2012

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas A. wrote:
Unknown Sound wrote:
Just to add some confusion to this topic...I upgraded to Leopard and the RADIAS Editor V2 works fine. I.e. Ports are remembered after quitting, rebooting and restarting the app.

Installing the new OS over the old OS will not delete the existing Radias editor prefs. But if you make a clean OS install (which means the complete disk content will be deleted) the editor's pref file will deleted and the trouble begins ... Simply change the editor's skin from silver to black (or vice versa), restart the editor and you'll see that the editor will ignore the changed setting.

Isn't it awful when new operating systems seem more important to aquire, yet arent accountable to be backwards compatable with software that worked flawlessly on earlier operating systems ?....
I have seen many great programs , Hardware and software Companies fall by the wayside,having to spend time rebuilding older software for free (in place of creating new products for $$) just to be compatable with the next great OS......
Just because your map in your car is a year old, doesnt mean your car suddenly drives off the end of a highway that gets moved by the master designer....The Construction companies build those detours.......why are we angry at the car(software) manufacturer for not updating our maps
(drivers) when the road suddenly changes in the everchanging operating system landscape??????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: