Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tone alteration

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peppecu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Tone alteration Reply with quote

Anyone knows if it's possible to store a tone alteration (e.g: +2 semitones) in one performance?
I tryed in many ways with non success.
Thank you.
Ciao.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its possible, in GLOBAL MODE there is an option, i forgot exactly but
its gotta be in GENERAL somewhere i think, it says MASTER TRANSPOSE
and something after that you have to change.
ktn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kind of setting is called TRANSPOSE (increase or lower in half steps).

The issue with GLOBAL (transpose) is it will stay that way for subsequent play. You don't really want to do that.

I think the original question is: how to get the transpose setting to be saved along with just that performance ? Only when you re-call that performance, then the keyboard get transposed, otherwise it should be normal.

I would try this: change the transpose setting, then save the performance. I know the tempo setting could be saved this way.

The danger of doing this (IF IT WORKS) is you may accidentally re-call a performance (which consist of layered voices) in the middle of live play (I do this all the time, will explain later), suddenly the music change pitch !!!

Why I recall various performances during live play ? the STS buttons only allows 4 instant voices change. I have a larger set of voices I want to select with a single button, so I save the each combined voices as a performance. On the screen I can see 8 of them for every PERFORMANCE button. This way I could change voices with either 1 or 2 buttons (on top of the 4 STS buttons).
peppecu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Store of Traspose Reply with quote

yes I'd really ike to know how to get the transpose setting to be saved along with just that performance, So only when I re-call that performance, the keyboard get transposed, otherwise it must be normal.
I tried to save a performance when it was trasposed but it wasn't stored and it's a problem for me that sometimes I forgot to traspose for specific songs (or usually to return to the correct tone after a transposed song).
I think that there must be a different way to store transpose in a performance but I don't know how.
Thank you.
Peppecu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: