Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 DVD Tutorial...Your thoughts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Subpar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: M3 DVD Tutorial...Your thoughts Reply with quote

I ran across this today, and wanted to know your thoughts on whether or not these will be of any quality.

http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-42/Korg-M3-Video-Tutorial/Detail

I thought I'd give it a try, but it seems like a nice chunk of change for something not made by Korg or Steven Kay....

any way, your views are appreciated

Very Happy

Dustin
Aka Subpar
lcmorley

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are just looking for a step by step explanation of screens etc, then they are a good source of information.

I don't have the M3 tutorials yet, but the Triton Studio ones literally went through screen by screen so are very detailed. But I felt it lacked in doing any kind of exercises.

For detail, they are excellent, but I would like to see some form of practical examples.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sudosonic's Video tutorials are pretty good for someone who is hesitant to read the manuals.

Paul Duffey, the author, normally goes down through each mode and screen, talking about how to do stuff. He has created video turtorials on every Triton and Karma, so he is familiar with the Korg interface logic.

If you like the video demo clips, you will like the product.

Also for some strange reason he sells his products slightly cheaper on eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsudosonic
muziksculp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think a comprehnsive and detailed video tutorial that explains, and shows how to use the M3's Karma 2 function is badly needed at this time.

The Korg Operation Guide along with the Parameter Guide, are OK, but honestly, I don't think they offer an intuitive way of how to use Karma 2, and what can be achieved. especially for a new comer to Karma 2.

We need additional and better, both written, or video tutorials for the M3's Karma 2 function, (how to use it in details, and how it integrates with each mode of the M3), with lots of examples, ....etc.

Hopefully, this wil be offered to M3 users in the near future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: