Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanna learn the Korg M3, Where do I start?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pizdac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Wanna learn the Korg M3, Where do I start? Reply with quote

Okay I bought my m3 late in july, since then I haven't really had the time to sit down and work on it for good.

This is my first workstation, and it's a result of ˝ year roland/m3/motif consideration. However, so far I've mostly been a VST/Midi producer.

M3 has made it possible for me to use Karma with MIDI to get great results.
However I think it's time to really get to know the interface better.
I mean, I barely know how to run a guitar through it, add effects to the sounds, use the mixer functions, use the sampling like on a real sampler and so on...
By other means it really is the most fundamental things about the M3 I want to learn...
Stephen Kay released some demoes, but they stopped coming after the release of the M3.

So the thing I'm looking for are some In-dept tutorials to get the power out from my M3 since it hasn't been possible for me yet.
I've seen some links to a dvd on this forum, but will it be worth the money?
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest paying the $80 for Sudosonic Video tutorials.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=29278

The only other method would be to read the Operation Guide cover to cover, then use the Parameter Guide as a reference.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizdac, you say you have M3 since July.

Since then till today, if you read only 5 pages of Operation and Parameter Guide per day, you would be guru now.

There is one thing about those videos - they teach you how someone else work on keyboards. Those ideas that you get by video aren't your ideas, but someone else's. Not that I have something against educational videos, no, God forbid, it's OK to have such things, but they won't teach you how to understand what's under the hood.

Read the Guides. Read them carefully, especially Parameter Guide, try every little parameter in your workstation - go to preset initialized slot, choose some multisample and apply parameter after parameter, engage some, disengage some other, engage them all together etc etc.

That's how you will learn what's what (Guide will tell you), you'll hear what does it do (because of trying) and you'll get your own ideas what to do with it. Create your own unique sounds.

I wonder why they even produce those guides, nobody seems to like and read them. To me, they are a must. Read, learn, apply and you are good to go.

Regards, shrike
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the guides.......they have tutorials, all through them.
Take a look at the numbers with the circles around them, those are your tutorials.

Take a look at the Operations Guide first, to learn how to operate different modes.
The Parameter guide, is a more in-depth expansion of the OG, with more detail about parameters and steps not covered in the OG.
Try to focus on the mode you're most interested in, then, gradually learn the other modes.
It'll all start to come together once you start piecing the different elements together.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's no worth, tritex

I'm not here for long, but am surprised how unwilling people are to read those manuals.

They are rather useful and after studying them and experimenting with parameters, there isn't so many questions you can ask, because you already know most of the things.
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,
many have a hard time with them.

Oh, well
pizdac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answers!
I have to admit, it is pretty hard for me to find time to read the manuels, and I often find videoes much easier to understand...
However I am going to pull myself together and look up the things you told me...

Thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: