Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am very impressed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: I am very impressed Reply with quote

Have an X50 but just bought that M3 and after a couple of days I am liking it more and more. Korg has made an amazing product. The sound quality i am loving and the easy editing is great. The keyboard action is perfect for me (I have the 61 so it is not a hammer action but thats not something I like.)
I read a few negative comments on these and other forums and tool note of some of these things but honestly I cant agree with some of the bleating.. This is one awesome setup and at least suites me and I am very glad now that I didnt buy the Motif XS I was looking at or one of the other brands. I just ordered the 3 DVD set of tutorials though I think the manual is written alot better than the Yamaha ones for sure.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Agree

If you read the lunatic fringe on the Internet, you would think the M3 is a disaster.

These are mostly folks who can't afford anything over $50. But give them an Internet connection and they are gods gift to the music world
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
I Agree

These are mostly folks who can't afford anything over $50. But give them an Internet connection and they are gods gift to the music world

Yes, with all their pirated softsynths!

Confused
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice a lack of criticism on M3 in this thread... Not talking It is not a good thing to find a thread without someone who shoot against the new korg workstation... so:
M3 sounds are thin, karma is unusefull unless you're a dj, keybed is awful, velocity curve doesn't work, knobs and sliders seems to be very fragile, when I put a glass near the output of an M3 in the shop it didn't piss some coffee or beer, the M3 doesn't clap its hands when I create a good hip hop loop........... Twisted Evil Laughing
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Regards, Lorenzo
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lorenzo wrote:
I notice a lack of criticism on M3 in this thread... Not talking It is not a good thing to find a thread without someone who shoot against the new korg workstation... so:
M3 sounds are thin, karma is unusefull unless you're a dj, keybed is awful, velocity curve doesn't work, knobs and sliders seems to be very fragile, when I put a glass near the output of an M3 in the shop it didn't piss some coffee or beer, the M3 doesn't clap its hands when I create a good hip hop loop........... Twisted Evil Laughing
Sorry, couldn't resist!
Regards, Lorenzo

Thanks i was getting worried I was living in a perfect world
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
M3 sounds are thin, karma is unusefull unless you're a dj, keybed is awful, velocity curve doesn't work, knobs and sliders seems to be very fragile

And you have been very gentle to say that, Lorenzo.

M3 is workstation with excellent perspective - but today, not so useful. For a year or two, when they fasten it, make it stable, reprogram velocity curves and make all multisamples from Triton line available on M3, it will be keyboard I could take to a gig. If they make new MOSS for M3, it will be "dream come true". And even for a year or two, when I hope this all would happen, I would probably buy M3-M - keybed is... maybe awful is to much, I would say "different". Got used to Extreme's keybed and M3's compared to that one isn't good for me. About the M3's chassis and control keys - Korg wont change it, I think, so we have to live with it.

I don't mean to disrespect M3, as said above, it will be OK with time, but the look - man, it's ugly.

So yes, this isn't a perfect world.
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneblyth wrote:

Thanks i was getting worried I was living in a perfect world

Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: