Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot get newly purchased software to work!!!! FRUSTRATED!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2sm1th2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: cannot get newly purchased software to work!!!! FRUSTRATED!! Reply with quote

I have purchased the Analog Edition 2007 and have downloaded the programs and the syncrosoft setup program, but whenever I try to open the syncrosoft and download it reports an error has occured and shuts down. I cannot use any of my purchased product as my usb codes cannot be uploaded without this final step.

I hope this makes sense and that someone here can help!!! Sad
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the following error on Vista when I every I try run Syncrosoft.

“License control centre has stopped working”

At this stage I've completely given up. Syncrosoft have ignored all my emails. No point in contacting KORG either, it's not their problem. It's with Syncrosoft.

Runs fine on my XP machine though.

Regards.
Sharp.
2sm1th2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks
I am running it on XP tho, so it sounds like it might be a different problem
rich_h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a silly question, but you do have a Syncrosoft dongle?
2sm1th2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I do have a one it came with the software
higskies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried figuring this out for months and I've had no help from support. It sucks because I only used the software for about a month. I special ordered it because I really miss my M1, but after I cleaned out my computer, I reinstalled it and it hasn't worked since. I'm considering legal action at this point.
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
2sm1th2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's discouraging news. Have you tried to contact either company?
rich_h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2sm1th2 wrote:
yes I do have a one it came with the software

Thought I had better check - sometimes the simplest thing gets overlooked!

With my copy of Legacy, the Syncrosoft installation is part of the main Korg program installation - have you tried just installing the Korg software and see what happens?

If you have already installed the software, go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it all, then just try re-installing the Korg stuff only.
higskies

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem seems to be syncrosoft software, not the dongle. It won't load the 'key' information into the dongle. And they haven't changed their version for awhile. It makes me wonder if Syncrosoft and Korg are having business relationship issues. Either way, one of them needs to find a fix for these problems (eliminate the dongle or provide updated dongle software), or I will refuse to buy products from them anymore. It sucks to spend my hard-earned money on something that doesn't work.
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
2sm1th2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree. Its unfortunate and frustrating that the measures used to prevent theft end up hurting those willing to purchase the software legally.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2sm1th2 wrote:
I completely agree. Its unfortunate and frustrating that the measures used to prevent theft end up hurting those willing to purchase the software legally.

I would suggest contacting Korg Tech Support. They can work with Syncrosoft if necessary to get your problem solved.

AE2007 should be able to run on Win XP (it runs on my Win XP machine).
I would suggest the following:
1. Remove the Syncrosoft dongle from your computer
2. Use "Add/Remove Programs" and remove "Syncrosoft Licence Control"
3. Make sure the directory C:\Program Files\Syncrosoft is completely erased

At this point, the Syncrosoft Licence Control Center (LCC) application has been completely erased.

4. Download the most current version of the LCC (as of Nov 13th, this is version 5.2.22.1):
http://www.syncrosoft.com/License_Control_Center-78-11.html
5. Install the downloaded LCC application
6. BEFORE inserting the Syncrosoft USB Key, try running the LCC application
7. Insert your Syncrosoft USB Key (that has licenses on it) and run the LCC application again.

higskies wrote:
The problem seems to be syncrosoft software, not the dongle. It won't load the 'key' information into the dongle.

I would contact Korg Tech Support again. Don't let them off the hook until they solve the problem (either by themselves or with Syncrosoft). If Korg Support gives up, THEN talk to them about a refund.

Theoretically, ALL of the current OSes should now be supported by the Syncrosoft LCC:
-- Win XP, Win Vista 32 & 64
-- Mac OS 10.4 & 10.5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: