Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insert effects help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tachz15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:28 pm    Post subject: Insert effects help! Reply with quote

hi i am a new user to korg. I tried asking in the jordan rudess forums and one guy was very helpfull but i still am not getting the results i want.

I made seperate sounds in the program mode each with around 2 insert effects. When i put the sounds in the combi mode to mix together, the effects also started to mix.

Is there a way i can keep all of the effects and seperate each effects or am i only allowed to have 5 effects in total for the combi sound?
pagey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tachz15
You can only use a maximum of 5 insert effects and 2 master effects in each combi/program/song, such is the limitation of the machine. Depending on which type of effects you are using on the programs theres usually a way of getting a reasonable reproduction of each sound by the way you route each effect unless you use 5 completely different FX in each program.

Could you be more specific with what FX you are using in the programs in the combi?

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to make some compromises with effects in combi mode relating to effect in program mode.

In program mode, you can assign 5 insert effects and 2 master effects to each program.

But when in combi if you mix multiple sounds that have multiple effects, you have to choose which one to use.

To separate effects, do the following:
1. assign let's say two programs that will share same effects to send their signal to IFX 1, assign desired effect to IFX 1; if you need two effects, assign IFX 2 also and chain them with box in between (Combination mode, Menu tab P8: Edit - Insert FX, second tab in the bottom "Insert FX"); keep routing to IFX 1 - that's how you'll send those two programs to IFX 1 and 2;

2. make other two programs route to IFX 3, and assign effects to IFX 3 and IFX 4 and chain them as described;

3. make desired routing to MFX (Master effects) - it is unwritten rule to assign reverb and delay effects (effects that defines spaciness) to MFX, and color effects, as enhancer, exciter, chorus etc. to insert effects. That's how you can manage multiple combis that would sound similar and would have the same output.

4. as described above, you now have 4 programs with two separate effects routings. They don't mix together until you choose to chain them one to another or route them all together. But there is no way you can assign five programs with two effects per programs in one combi and keep all their effects, for example. With time, you'll learn which effects do you really need and which you can sacrifice in final mix.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

shrike
TheFalcon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Insert effects help! Reply with quote

tachz15 wrote:
hi i am a new user to korg.

Hi, I'm a new user too! Wink

tachz15 wrote:
Is there a way i can keep all of the effects and seperate each effects or am i only allowed to have 5 effects in total for the combi sound?

I'm not sure what I'm saying could really help you, 'cause I'm a beginner. You can try to create a program sampling program 1 processed with the effects, repeating the procedure for the 2nd program, so you can have two programs with effects leaving the effect boards free. It could be a big effort, but I think it could be a solution.

Obviously, somebody tell me if I'm wrong, please!
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not sure what I'm saying could really help you, 'cause I'm a beginner. You can try to create a program sampling program 1 processed with the effects, repeating the procedure for the 2nd program, so you can have two programs with effects leaving the effect boards free. It could be a big effort, but I think it could be a solution.

Sampling effect processed sounds? Wouldn't recommend that and this is wrong approach. Extreme just can't have 20 effects in one combi, live with it.
TheFalcon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tachz15, have you tried the shrike's method? If your goal is to have program 1 with two effects and program 2 with other two effects in the same combi, this is possible and you have an unused effect for maybe another patch...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: