Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KLC Dongle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
futurama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, as this is my first foray into this forum, I must begin with a complaint. And i'm glad to see i'm not alone. I recently bought the KLC-1 and played around with it for four days on my computer before choosing to register it. At this point it was a fantastic little unit.
I won't bore you guys with the details. Suffice it so say it was a nightmare. Also, the new version that I have had to download doesn't work properly, and i'm reasonably convinced some of the basic parameters are slightly different.
So through no fault of my own I may have ended up with a lemon. These things are not cheap, and if I don't have luck with customer support (who so far have been very helpful) I will echo the sentiments of some of the other forum users and state for the record that I will never buy another KORG unit again.
I do not care about KORG's security issues. They should have sorted that out before they stuffed everyone around. Wear the loss and get it right next time. The ill will caused by this dongle garbage introduced midstream will probably do more damage than pirating.
Thus far, totally unacceptable. Mad
jimincov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh the dongle!
ive been using my owned from new klc-1 on live 5 very happily, and have recently bought an intel macbook - NOW I NEED THE DONGLE!!! am i missing something in that i cant find out how to buy one of these dongles? i dont have time to contact my local korg dealer, so does anyone know where i can get one on the web?
thanks in advance to anyone who can help me keep my software going!
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't suggest particulr stores, as you give no indication as to where in the world you are. Here in the UK you can get them from the usual online retailers, so I'm sure you can in whatever part of the world you reside in.
photon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a MBP with only 2 usb ports and I hate the fact that I have to use one of those for the dongle. Also it doesnt work with a usb hub I have. Im considering selling the KLC + KLC DE because of that.

And the fact that if you lose that little thing you cant use your software. Its a small thing and easy to lose. Stupid!

I realize that Korg doesnt want any piracy, but damn. Just look at Ableton Live. It shows that its possible to have real software protection without dongles. You can find it cracked, yes. But it only works for a couple of months. It has some kind of self detection system that works without being connected to the internet. Only thing to get it working again is do a complete format and reinstall. And who wants to do that every 2 months.

Please get rid of the dongle Korg!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: