Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

failed OS update :(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uttertek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: failed OS update :( Reply with quote

the OS update procedure failed on me, my heart sank! i have a stock trinity and was installing 2.41, the keyboard does nothing but give me a blank screen now

Last edited by uttertek on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

I know in your PM you said that you used the enter and number sequence to try solve this. But can you please tell me exactly what you did just so I know you did this right. It's an important issue we need to rule out here first because an OS update fail and you turning off the keyboard is a BIG, NO, NO.

You should never do that.

If you fried the EP-ROM, which is likely if you preformed the Enter and 0 sequence correctly, them I'm afraid your Trinity needs to be sent back to KORG. They can flash it and get it going again, but I believe this is expensive.

Regards.
Sharp.
uttertek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your help - the keyboard was crashing every few minutes, not while playing back sequences but when pressing a button or playing the keyboard itself. I reloaded the factory pcg files and some others several times; using multiple floppy disks - finally deciding to install the 2.41 update (i didnt actually use an enter+number sequence, only the enter + reset to get to the update screen).

This went smoothly until i inserted the second disk, it reported "update process failed" and to try again, which i did twice with the same result, having to pack up all my gear and goto a gig i was hoping to use the trinity on i turned it off, and now it responds to no commands Sad i fear you may be right about the flashing - though how expensive is expensive? thanks again
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK try this.

1: Turn off the Trinity.
2: Press and hold down Enter and 0
3: Turn on the Trinity.
4: After 5 seconds, let go of the Enter and 0 buttons.

This will flush the memory. If it does not work, don't worry. Just go to the next steps here.

Next, using new disks, create a new set of fresh OS update disks. Don't use data you already have. Download a fresh copy..!!!!

Now turn off the Trinity and try install the OS using the Enter and Reset buttons.

If the OS updated is a success, turn off the Trintiy and boot it up again while pressing down Enter + 0. Then reload the factory data from a fresh disk, and a fresh download from the Net.

Best of luck.
Sharp.
uttertek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried exactly as you described - the screen goes instantly blue on powering up the unit, it doesnt seem to respond to the boot and reset commands. The floppy drive doesnt even flash a light to read the disk :\
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the EP-ROM was fried then.

You will need to contact KORG and see about returning the Trinity to them. I'm not sure if they will either re-flash it, or installed a new EP-ROM. Either way, I think this is going to be an expensive one on you.

Hope it all works out.

Regards.
Sharp.
uttertek

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the keyboard probably has another fault if the update procedure failed three times and it was constantly crashing beforehand - again thanks for your help
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah....Might even be cheaper to buy a battered up Trinity and take the Motherboard out of that for your one.

Regards.
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: