Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA 50 crashed, help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg91020

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: PA 50 crashed, help! Reply with quote

I just bought a new PA 50 from Guitar Center and brought it home, when I turned it on the first time, the display shows gobledygook and there is no sound from the speakers or audio outs. What can I do? Is there a factory reset or anything? It's going to take Guitar Center like a week to get another one.

Dazed
Ajith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
why didn't you check the instrument from the shop itself?
greg91020

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had this problem with equipment before, and I've bought $30,000 in gear over the last 10 years. Do you get a lot of broken new gear over there? Anyway, I'm sure this will sound rude, but why would you think posting your comment would help my situation? I was asking for diagnostic help, not an insult.
dwpayne

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: PA 50 crashed, help! Reply with quote

[quote="greg91020"]I just bought a new PA 50 from Guitar Center and brought it home, when I turned it on the first time, the display shows gobledygook and there is no sound from the speakers or audio outs. What can I do? Is there a factory reset or anything? It's going to take Guitar Center like a week to get another one.

Try re- installing the backup discs/operating systems
greg91020

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, but of course the unit comes with no disk, you have to make it from a working system, according to the manual. Perhaps it's online. Anyway, the guys at Guitar Center got me another unit after 7 days.
Ajith

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greg91020 wrote:
I've never had this problem with equipment before, and I've bought $30,000 in gear over the last 10 years. Do you get a lot of broken new gear over there? Anyway, I'm sure this will sound rude, but why would you think posting your comment would help my situation? I was asking for diagnostic help, not an insult.

Sorry man, please don't taks it in that way. mine is a genuine question. becoz, before buying, we should check it thoroughly and tell the dealer that we will return the instrument if it is not working properly. Really, it's the consumer right, isn't it? once again sorry.
Diane Meloche

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Greg - a question for you Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

My name is Diane, I was reading your message, and I am glad that you have got another PA 50 so quickly. I'd hate to be without mine. I have had one for two years, and was wondering how familiar you are with Korg arrangers in general. What I am trying to do is transfer songs (track by track) via midi that I recorded in the PA 50's sequencer, into Cubase LE which I use in my Mac laptop. I use a Presonus Firepod interface as the go between. The problem I am having is that the tracks (that originate from anyone of the styles accompaniements) are transferring into the Cubase program all clumped together on any track I try to send the song to. Spoke to Presonus who gave me some pointers but Korg tech support does not pinpoint the problem. I have a Cubase tutorial but there are no tutorials that I know of for the PA 50 so I am at a loss. Once I get the mess unmuddled I want to work over the net with a friend who just bought a PA 50 and similar set up. But first things first. Any help you could offer would be great. Haven't had any constructive responses yet. Hope you can help. Sincerely, Diane
greg91020

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diane--

Well, first of all, I'm a Sonar man from way back, and I know Cubase is different in many ways.

However, there should be a command in Cubase that lets you split a track (your recorded import from the PA50) into separate Cubase tracks based on midi channel. Track one for midi channel one, etc. This has been available on Sonar for 15 years or so.

Also, have you checked for a template or instrument definition that will set up your tracks for the PA50 like this one from korgpa.com?

http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/products/pa50_soft.html?en

After that, you can split drum tracks by instrument by using some kind of command that splits Note to Track.

Hope that helps.
Diane Meloche

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your taking the time to reply to my question. I will try the avenues you suggest. Korg has been of very little help at all. I asked if they make a tutorial DVD but they were unsure about that also. Phone help is also polite but poor. I was speaking with Presonus and they are sending me a complimentary copy of their new Cubase LE 4 program which has the time stamping that is missing from the Cubase LE program. Ther believe that this will solve the problem. But having navigated the Garage Band program that comes with my laptop, I have run into the same track splitting situation. So we will see. Thanks again. Let me know if you come up with anything else on the subject. Happy music making. Diane
Tariq

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diane,

I think you should get yourself a Korg Pa80 it is more reliable and most important of all it has more features then the Korg Pa50. If you do lots of arranging that is otherwise Pa50 is good start for arrangers for its class.

Regarding your Keyboard Crash, I would suggest if you load the Musical Resources and the latest OS for Korg Pa50 that usually takes care of the problem If that does not take care of the problem then you need to have it serviced by Korg.

Regards,

Tariq
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: