Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the X50 right for me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirneh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Is the X50 right for me? Reply with quote

Hi. I'm mainly a guitarist and new to synths. I'm not going to do any fancy stuff like programming my own sounds or play complex things. I want to buy a synth for some ambient/symphonic black metal stuff I'm doing, and I thought maybe the X50 would be a good investment.

What I basically need to know is how good are the quality of the following sounds compared to more expensive synths?:

Choir aahs, voice aahs, harpsichord, piano, orchestra hit, trumpets, synth pad(s)

Right now I have a Yamaha E403 keyboard, and most of the sounds are really bad quality. So should I get something more expensive, or is the Korg X50 right for me?

Also, I'm using Cubase SX 3. Would I be able to connect the X50 to Cubase and use the X50 as a VSTi so I eventually can program some melodies in case I'm not good enough to play them myself?

I'll just be using it in my home studio, no live playing in mind.

Any help appreciated!

- Kirneh
Kirneh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, easier question: Are the sounds on the X50 overall good?

Anyone?
zukskywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm a noob but here's my $.02. Since you don't plan on gigging with it you shouldn't have to worry about the ultra lightweight/fragile construction issues which are probably the main reasons for the low price point. Other than that I'd say that for the money you get a pretty good sounding rompler synth that comes with a decent midi interface and some interesting editing software that can take you deeper into the sonic possibilities.
For the money it's not bad.
Bob S

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it's a great $600 synth. I've had mine a while and use it for pads, strings and choir voices. The bread and butter sounds (pianos, electric pianos) are pretty good as well. Nice combis, many with drums, etc.

In my opinion you would have to spend a lot more on software based sounds to equal the variety and overall quality of what the X50 will provide. It has an easy to use interface, comes with a computer-based editor and will work for basic control of any VSTi you may have.

Bob
asdasd

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think korg is defenetly the way to go for black metal... or at least every black metal sounds like KORG. And basicly the X50 is same as triton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: