Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

organizing sounds for live set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microxuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: organizing sounds for live set Reply with quote

how are you other users doing this? the user section doesn't seem to be able to store my programs. since all the spots are filled up I'm wondering where everyone is storing their patches.

I typically want to have all the sounds I use in a song easy accessible

I realize that I could be over looking something really obvious...
asdasd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you are just overwrite the sounds in combi mode that you don't like for example I just put all the sounds in a row to bank A so everytime I knock my pedal the next sound is played....

the original sounds can be restored in global mode if you ever want them back which I doubt you will since many sounds are highly categorized.
microxuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should not complain about this. I'd rather have more presets than a bunch of empty spaces!

It would be cool if there was a way to reorganize the patches without erasing- this is something I'd like to see in the software someday. I know you can do one at a time, but a quick reorder system would be very helpful- one that would let me save different orders. For instance, for each gig I could have a different order saved. I could just load up my order for a particular gig. This wouldn't take extra slots, just set-list data. I could use about 5 different set lists.
fantome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can organize your patches/combis from patch editor and save them as a set. for example set 1 = bank A, set 2 = bank B ...and so one. Moreover, you should store your all-time-favorite patches into user category...so you can access it anytime in the show.

You just have to remember the number of first patch you use in the song, then use foot switch to increase next patch base on your song

For example,
Song 1 = I will survive
1:Piano > 2:String > 3:Brass > 4:String > 5:Piano/String > 6:Brass
Song 2 = I will rock you (I have to remember number 7)
7:Organ > 8:Piano > 9:Organ
You can use increase/descrease button to switch back and forth

Hope that helps,
microxuser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantome,

Yes, this helps. Thanks for the info!

I will experiment with a few things and get back to you on how it went. For some reason, the last time I tried, I could not save patches in the user category on the microx- will try again and let you know.

The main problem with the method that you outlined is getting rid of 10-20 consecutive patches. I guess I can look around for all the patches that I hate and then start transferring patches over to their slots to clear up some consecutive numbers.

t
ladysugar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Can someone give me more detailed instructions. Reply with quote

Hi, I'm also trying to figure out how to switch patches quickly in a live show. I have read the user manual and many people's questions and responses on this topic but still don't get it. The response given was:
"You can organize your patches/combis from patch editor and save them as a set. for example set 1 = bank A, set 2 = bank B ...and so one."

But how, exactly do you do organize patches/combis? Can someone give me step-by-step explicit instructions on how to do this?

"Moreover, you should store your all-time-favorite patches into user category...so you can access it anytime in the show."

How do you do that?

"You just have to remember the number of first patch you use in the song, then use foot switch to increase next patch base on your song"

Do you have to have a foot switch to do it? I just bought the Korg X50 and the salesperson didn't mention anything about a foot switch.

Please help, I have a show in two weeks so I need to learn this asap!! Thank you!!!
fantome

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use microx patch editor to organize your patches/combi/multi. Just drag and drop...is that hard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: