Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the LEGACY COLLECTION working on MAC INTEL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Is the LEGACY COLLECTION working on MAC INTEL? Reply with quote

Hi,
I've been incapable make the legacy collection work on any mac intel
computer (G5 and MacBook Pro).
It won't show up neither in Cubase nor in Ableton Live as an vst.
And no update seems able to fix it.
Can someone help???
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version are you using?
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

v 1.1.10 for korg
cubase studio
ableton 6
caribou

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in fact: v 1.2.2 for korg
Just tried it in ableton 6 now: it appears as an Audio Unit, but got the message when I try to launch it:

"Failed to create the Audio Unit "MS-20."
This Audio Unit Plug-in could not be opened."

And in Cubase studio, it doesn't appear in the VST Instruments...
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caribou,

Contact Korg Tech Support.

Also, it is helpful if you post your problem in a SINGLE thread. I have now responded to posts in three different threads.
audiofeen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
MartinHines wrote:
Caribou,

I contacted them that six or seven months ago and they still haven't got back to me. i wasted my money calling from Ireland to the Uk and they still couldn't tell me anything...I waited 3 months and sent them more emails before i gave up .. I nearly gave someone my klc because i couldn't look at it anymore.... tech support ... more like USELESS!
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
I contacted them that six or seven months ago and they still haven't got back to me. i wasted my money calling from Ireland to the Uk and they still couldn't tell me anything...I waited 3 months and sent them more emails before i gave up .. I nearly gave someone my klc because i couldn't look at it anymore.... tech support ... more like USELESS!

I would suggest contacting them again. You can't be the only person using KLC with Ableton Live or Cubase, so I assume the problem is solvable.

I would suggest sending them an email once a day and have them phone you.
caribou

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
Quote:
MartinHines wrote:
Caribou,

I know...
That's why I didn't tried.
I talked with the norwegian korg representant, he doesn't
had any clue, and never manged to reach korg's support for me.

But I think I solved the problem: you can buy an mac intel upgrade
on the korg user website. 15 $ + you need a f**** dongle that will
contain the license code you'll get bying the upgrade.

I'm very disappointed that I had to use so much time to find this info, plus more money.

Yet I haven't installed the upgrade because I'm using korg @ home and in my studio, and I don't konw if I can install it twice.

It's a pity using money on a product and have so much problems to use it properly....
mikemolloyuk

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiofeen wrote:
Quote:
MartinHines wrote:
Caribou,

Audiofeen

Can you email me on support@korg.co.uk and quote the enquiry number you were given when you originally asked for support so I can see if you were given a reply or not.

I would like to say that I object to being called useless in such a public way.

I have supported many users and I have artists who personally ask for me by name who do not find my support useless.

I will help where I can. It is a free support service we provide and I try to reply to as many people as I can and resolve issues when I can. What you have to bear in mnd is that we dont have all the answers and there is no magic wand or chrystal ball that makes my life any easier when there is a tough problem to solve.
In regards to the software, it is written by a professional team of writers in Japan. We are not involved in the development of it. We have to learn how to use it the same as anyone else in the world does, when it goes wrong we have to try to understand that the same as anyone else does. If your problem was not resolved by me or whoever took your call all those months ago, it's probably because we dont understand why the problem is there...... The software runs on thousands of machines world wide so for it to have a problem on 1 particular machine, then try to resolve it without even touching the machine, is not an easy task believe me...!

Sorry for the rant but we do read these posts and we do care about users.

Mike
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, tech support is a two way issue. Nothing gets solved by attitude.

You said your software doesn't work on your Intel Mac. So I'm thinking, ok, either the guy has an old version of the software and doesn't realise that old plugins for PPC Macs need to be upgraded to run natively on Intel Macs, or it's some other issue.

I asked you what version you had.

You replied:

"v 1.1.10 for korg"

Ok, I'm thinking, well that's easy, you have an older PPC version of the Legacy, and you need to upgrade to the Universal Binary version of the Legacy. An easy solution.

Then, immediately afterwards, you post:

"in fact: v 1.2.2 for korg "

Now wait a minute. Which version do you have? You can see why your reponses are confusing and not at all helpful to trying to solve your issue.

I'm constantly amazed that after three years of Intel Macs, people *still* don't realise that it's a completely different computer processor and requires upgrades to run. *All* your plugins need to be UB versions.

The Korg upgrade fee is inexpensive.

As for the dongle, no I don't like them either, but you can blame the warez kiddies for that.

So, get your upgrade and dongle ordered, and you will be back to business as usual, and this thread can have a nice, positive, upbeat ending.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caribou wrote:
But I think I solved the problem: you can buy an mac intel upgrade on the korg user website. 15 $ + you need a f**** dongle that will contain the license code you'll get bying the upgrade.

Yet I haven't installed the upgrade because I'm using korg @ home and in my studio, and I don't konw if I can install it twice.

With USB dongle-based protection (like the Syncrosoft system used by Korg and Steinberg, or the iLok system used by other companies), the license required to run the software resides on the physical USB Key. Install the software, insert the USB Key and the software will run. Pull out the key and the software will not run.

The Korg User license has always been "1 user license for one computer at a time" but the dongle enforces this. You CAN use the dongle both at home and the studio, except you must physically carry the dongle with you to use in both locations (just like a piece of equipment).

caribou wrote:
It's a pity using money on a product and have so much problems to use it properly....

I would check to make sure Korg User Net has your correct email. When the v1.2 version came out (switching to a USB key) all owners received email notification (based on the data in the Korg UserNet database).

If the future, if you have any problems at all don't hesitate to contact your Korg Country Distributor tech support before you waste a lot of time. They could have told you within two minutes that you needed v1.22 with the Syncrosoft dongle to be able to run on a MacIntel.

As Ben Hall mentioned, although the Mac Graphical User Interface (GUI) looks the same, the Operating System underneath changed to support the new Intel processors. With a "MacIntel", you need to make sure that all of your software supports the new Operating System. The same thing is now occuring for the newest Mac OS (Leopard).
rjohannesson

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good I found this thread. I was tearing my hair of =) (will be cold now in the winter)

So to run Legacy Collection with Ms20 controller on a new Imac (and Leopard) I will buy a upgrade for 15$? It will then work as AU plugin in Logic 8 yes?

I have the usbkey from Arturia. Just need the new code and new software.
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have an Intel Mac, you need Universal Binary versions of *any* plugins.

The first UB version of the Korg Legacy is the dongle protected update - so yes, buy the update, use your existing slinkysoft key, make sure you have the latest version of the Legacy (1.22) and you will be good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: