Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sampling with the Triton Rack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
metl4evr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Sampling with the Triton Rack Reply with quote

Okay, hopefully this question doesn't make me look like a fool. heheh

So I've been tryin to load in some samples into the Triton Rack here. I have no problem doing so, and creating Programs that let me play these samples to my liking. No problem thus far.

The problem is, when I power off the Rack, the samples disappear. I pretty much have to reload them, create ANOTHER multisample, and basically start over again. WHY!??!?

Is there no way to simply create a sample, and then use it in a Program indefinately? I understand RAM, and I know that it doesnt hold into memory after a power cycle. but my question is, is there no way to WRITE a SAMPLE into the internal memory so I don't have to keep loading from floppy disk every time i wanna use this Program? (which is OFTEN??! )

If not, well then I question having a sampling option AT ALL! It seems to defeat the purpose if I have to go thru that every time.

Thanks for your time!!
Peter
tritex4
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Sampling with the Triton Rack Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there no way to simply create a sample, and then use it in a Program indefinately? I understand RAM, and I know that it doesnt hold into memory after a power cycle. but my question is, is there no way to WRITE a SAMPLE into the internal memory so I don't have to keep loading from floppy disk every time i wanna use this Program? (which is OFTEN??! )

No, you have to reload every time.

Quote:
If not, well then I question having a sampling option AT ALL! It seems to defeat the purpose if I have to go thru that every time.

Well, it's old technology....loading via floppies.
There are faster ways of loading.
For the rack, you may want to consider a SCSI card so that you can hook a zip drive.
You get more storage capacity and the zip disks load faster.
metl4evr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, So my next questions:

I do have the SCSI option... Can I install a ZIP drive onto the Rack unit?? or a hard drive??

Its too bad there wasn't an updated version of the Triton Rack. Kinna like the TR. Even tho the TR is really just an LE hehehe

~peter
hacksaw15

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can use a zip drive that's the exact set-up I'm using. Zip drives are a lot faster than trying to load from floppies. Make sure when you buy the drive that you get the scsi version and not a USB or parallel version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: