Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M3 VST adapter and Sonar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdalby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: M3 VST adapter and Sonar Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was able to pick up an M3 88 over Thanksgiving at an amazing price at GC. But due to work, I am just now finding some time to play with it. So far I'm really loving it, but am having a horrible time getting the VST to work with Sonar 6 (Producer Edition).

If I insert it as a VST instrument I can get it to record midi output from the board, but nothing I try will let it take any input. Regardless of what device I select as the midi input, or even when playing back something from that was recorded it appears no data is being sent to the M3. It doens't seem to matter what channel I set things to, or how I have the midi setting configured.

If I use the mouse to press the keys on the VST panel, the sound will come out, and if I use the VST in cubase I can route any input to it as well (aside from some clicking issues that I don't care to troubleshoot since I don't really use Cubase). The stand alone app works as well.

I've tried changing about every parameter I can think of. I've armed the track for recording which is what you hav eto do with Cubase to get it to work, but am out of ideas for Sonar.

Has anyone been able to get it to work?

I could just bag the whole VST thing and use it like a normal midi device, like I do with my TEX and Radias, but it sure would be nice to use the VST software.

I appreciate any advice that people have. Thanks.
tamizanin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue .. VST thing between m3 and sonar. i am able to play the output of seq in sonar in my m3 but unable to get new sounds recorded into new tracks in sonar from m3 directly.. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: